Michael Beasley Cited for Possession of Marijuana

Some unfortunate news out of Minnesota, as KARE 11 is reporting TWolves forward Michael Beasley was cited for marijuana possession and speeding last week: “Minnetonka Police say Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley was cited for marijuana possession and speeding in Minnetonka last week. Beasley was pulled over on June 26 for speeding around 3 a.m. on Interstate 394 and Carlson Parkway. He was clocked at 84 mph in a 65 mph zone. Police also found 16.2 grams of marijuana in Beasley’s vehicle. Both offenses are petty misdemeanors which will result in fines.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/07/michael-beasley-cited-for-marijuana-possession-and-speeding/

Smh...I've given up on him.

Half the people I know smoke weed and speed on highways, you've given up on him because of this? :huh:

Lol @ the people who will get all proud of him for it, got love the loser American attitude.

Edited by fish7718

I expect it from someone who isn't famous or well known, I am convinced that 98% of the people I know do this. He is an athlete though, usually athletes stays away from this stuff so yea, he is an idiot.

Here's my advice on weed if you do smoke.

Never carry it in your car, much less smoke it in your car. Smoking weed isn't illegal, being in possession of it is. (Though they can cite/arrest you if you're high and driving).

If you must carry it in your car, put it in the trunk. It's a lot harder to justify a search of the trunk than any place within the immediate reach of the driver.

If you have smoked in the car or are carrying weed in your car, DON'T DO ANYTHING TO DRAW ATTENTION TO YOURSELF! Don't speed, don't run stop signs, make sure you have the tags on your car, don't have tinted windows, don't blast loud music. Don't do anything that makes others look at you. Cops are just itching to pull people over. They have quotas they need to fill. Cops want to get promoted too, the more arrests and citations they get the better the odds they move up. So don't help them by giving them a reason to pull you over and find drugs on you.

• Like 1