Sasha Vujacic To Turkey Too

Anadolu Efes Istanbul improved its backcourt for the upcoming season by inking shooting guard Sasha Vujacic to a one-year deal and an option for another, the club announced on Friday. Vujacic (2.00 meters, 27 years old) arrives from New Jersey, where he averaged 11.4 points and 2.3 assists in 56 NBA games last season. He spent more than six seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, helping the team to win back-to-back NBA titles in 2009 and 2010, as well as reaching the finals in 2008. Vujacic has scored 2,669 points in 476 NBA games since he joined that league in 2004. He has also played for Snaidero Udine in Italy and Polzela in his native Slovenia. Vujacic has also been a member of the Slovenian national team. He helped Slovenia to get the silver medal at the European under-18 Championships in 2002.

http://www.euroleague.net/euroleaguenews/transactions/2011-12-signings/i/86715/5611/anadolu-efes-signs-vujacic

I wonder if he gets to take Maria with him.

By my count that's 7 players who played in the NBA last year that have headed overseas.

Deron Williams

Nenad Krstic

Sasha Vujacic

Sonny Weems

Darius Songaila

Hilton Armstrong

Mustafa Shakur

Sherron Collins

Outside of Williams and possibly Krstic, no significant players leaving for overseas yet despite all the talk. Maybe we'll see more in November when players start missing paychecks.

A lot of the better undrafted rookies like David Lighty have already signed somewhere, though. So probably no surprise rookies like Wesley Matthews this year.