Greatest Orlando Center?

Real Deal

• Owner

Dwight

I'm thinking that, also. My problem is, I can't leave Shaq off an all-time team. His best days were in Los Angeles, but he's up against Kareem, who spent 14 seasons there and put up some big numbers (not as big as O'Neal's, but he won more rings there).

I might have Kareem on the Bucks (his best years), Shaq on the Lakers, and Howard on the Magic.

Shaq doesn't get credit for how good of a defensive player he was. He was not as disciplined as Dwight or other top defensive big men, but simply for the fact that he is 7'1 and 325+ pounds makes him makes him a menacing force on defense. Players didn't go to the paint with such ease because they knew if they ran into Shaq, they would land on their ass. And there's no way anyone should ever question Shaq's dominance on offense being that he was the most dominant big man since Kareem. I'll take prime Shaq over Dwight anyday of the week, whether he was playing for the Lakers or the Magic.

With that said, when making an all-time team, Dwight gets the nod over Shaq because he's been there for more years and he looks like the face of the franchise for years to come. If Dwight does end up leaving Orlando in the next few years, Shaq deserves to be there over Dwight because he's the better player.

Dwight.

Shaq only played 4 seasons in Orlando (his last season with the team he only played 54 games). Not to mention, while both Dwight and Shaq made the Finals, Dwight at least won a game while Shaq got swept. I know that probably doesn't mean much, but come on, Dwight has played 3 more seasons than Shaq, has accrued 4 All NBA first team honors (Shaq had none with Orlando), 3 DPOY awards, and multiple All Star appearances.