Jonas Valanciunas Makes National Team Debut; Scores 26 Points

Here are the highlights of Valanciunas' Lithational National Team debut against the Czech Republic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GsmvHygGw4&feature=player_embedded

It was only an Exhibition game, but it is still impressive to see him play this well considering there was speculation that he may not be able to make the team and if he does he will be hard pressed to crack the rotation. If he continues to put up these kinds of performances, I think it is safe to say that he will not only be making the team, but he will be an integral part of the rotation.

I love how effective he is in pick and roll situations. Even when the lane appears to be completely clogged up he still finds a way to not only catch the pass in heavy traffic, but finish as well. I knew he was good in this situaations from all of the stuff I read about him prior to the draft, but seeing him play in the U-19's and now this video exceeded my expectations when it came to pick and roll scenarios.

I don't want to get my hopes/expectations too high because I realize he is unlikely to put up these kinds of performances when he comes to the NBA, but I would be lying if his play this summer hasn't gotten me very excited for his Raptor debut, even if it is a year away.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that he also had 11 rebounds (some sites say 9 or 10 but from what I read it was 11) and 1 block on 9/10 shooting and 8/8 from the free throw line.

So he didn't just score as he did some nice things on the glass and was absurdly efficient as well.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Didn't want to make a new thread, but he played against Spain today and did alright.

Put up 10 points and 3 boards in 11 minutes against a frontcourt that consisted fo Pau and Marc Gasol as well as Serge Ibaka. From what I heard he played poorly in the beginning but he played very well in the 4th and did very well against Ibaka.

Of course it is an exhibition game, but it is still worth noting how he did going up against legit NBA talent.

EDIT: Now I am reading that he had 12/4 with 3 blocks, so I'm not 100% sure what his exact numbers were.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

The other day he had 13 points and 16 rebounds against Russia. Here are the highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XypNzblBTow&feature=player_embedded

Lithuania plays Latvia in about half an hour in another exhibition game. Valanciunas will likely get a lot of minutes since Lithuania only has 11 players dressed and are missing 3 big men.