Official La Liga Thread

Cobb

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, good stuff!! Didn't wanna start a thread about it, so I posted this at the Cesc Fabregas thread but on second thought, I guess the Spanish La Liga deserves its own topic.

Cobb, who you got this year - Barça or Real (Madrid)?

I honestly just started to follow soccer during the World Cup last summer so I am not too familiar with many of the players aside from the stars on Barca and Real Madrid. Now going off word of mouth it appears Barca is the better team, but we'll find out.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/Real_Madrid_Club_de_F%C3%BAtbol.png

Cristiano Ronaldo scored a hat trick today against Real Zaragoza as Real Madrid won 6-0 in their opening game of the Spanish league season.

Real Madrid Signs 7-Year-Old Soccer Prodigy

MADRID (AP) — Real Madrid has signed a 7-year-old soccer prodigy from Argentina who goes by the name Leo.

Leonel Angel Coira signed with the Spanish club and will begin training Sept. 6, Madrid spokesman Juan Tapiador told The Associated Press on Monday.

Coira told the Argentine sports daily Ole last week that his idol is Messi, the Barcelona forward who is also Argentine and goes by the name Leo. Coira said he prefers to pass rather than score. He already has a Facebook page featuring photos of his visit to Real Madrid.

Madrid reportedly made the push to sign Coira because Spanish league rival Atletico Madrid was also pursuing the youngster.

Barcelona signed Messi from the Argentine club Newell's Old Boys as a teenager and he has gone on to win the World Player of the Year award two times. He also has helped Barcelona win 15 trophies, including three Champions League titles and five Spanish league championships.

AP

Edited by Shãlïq

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Almost game time! Failure to win on Barca's part would mean it's highly unlikely they'll be able to win the Spanish title.

Real Madrid line-up: Casillas, Diarra, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Xabi Alonso, Ozil, Coentrao, Di Maria, Benzema, Ronaldo

Barcelona line-up: Valdes, Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Alexis Sanchez, Fabregas, Messi

• 1 month later...