Official La Liga Thread

Cobb

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ One of the best (arguably the best at the moment): 4 goals + an assist.

Yeah, I know. I was just joking around since he scored four goals today. He just keeps getting better and better it seems like. If he is not the best of all-time, he has to be very close.

• 3 weeks later...

^ Cool stat chart. Anyhow, Messi's just 5 goals shy of becoming Barça's all-time scoring leader.

He was actually only one away from tieing the record according this report that came out earlier today:

Late Monday, Barcelona announced Cesar's total from 1942-55 was three fewer than the team previously said. A review by Barcelona's Center of Documentation and Studies and the La Vanguardia newspaper determined Cesar did not score goals attributed to him during the 1947-48, 1948-49, 1949-50 and 1952-53 seasons and also credited him with an additional goal in 1945-46.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7712494/lionel-messi-ties-cesar-rodriguez-barcelona-career-scoring-mark

Anyways, he has scored three goals today in the game against Granada. What an achievement this is though. Absolutely incredible.

Is it just me or the Barcelona official site Club Records page is unupdated:

►Top goalscorer in club history: Paulino Alcántara, with 369 goals in 357 games, between the seasons 1912-27 (227 goals in friendly games, 5 in the Spanish Cup, 97 in the Catalonian Championship, 35 in the Spanish Championship, 5 in the Pyrenees Cup, 1 in the Copa Barcelona).

►Top goalscorer in official competitions: César Rodríguez (1942-55), with 235 goals.

►Top goalscorer in La Liga: César Rodríguez (1942-55), with 195 goals.

►Top goalscorer in the Cup: Josep Samitier (1919-32), with 65 goals.

►Top goalscorer in a season: Clemente Gràcia (1921-22), with 59 goals in 50 games (35 goals in friendly games, 19 in the Catalonian Championship, 5 in the Spanish Championship).

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/the-honours/detail/card/fc-barcelona-individual-records

MESSI:

Years Team Apps (Gls)

2004 – Present Barcelona - 234 (153

I guess they only count his team A goals.

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ

Game between Villarreal and Real Madrid was crazy. Two players (Sergio Ramos and Mesut Ozil) and two members of staff were dismissed from the match. Not exactly the result Real Madrid needs with Barcelona winning their match earlier in the week. Still up six points on Barcelona with ten games to play.

Real Madrid finally got back to their winning ways today with a easy 5-1 win over Sociedad. Cristiano Ronaldo also became the fastest player in history to reach 100 La Liga goals with his brace today. He now has 101 goals in 92 games.

What a phenomenal between Real Madrid and Valencia. Despite neither team scoring a goal, it was highly entertaining on both ends of the field for the both teams. Either team really could've secured a late 1-0 victory having multiples chances to do so. Can't say I expected a draw going into this game.

This isn't the result Real Madrid needed though. With this draw, Real Madrid is only up 4 points on Barcelona. Looks like the La Liga title will be going down to the wire.

After a 2-1 win over Barcelona, I think it's safe to say Real Madrid has clinched the title.

I missed the game due to a wedding, but managed to watch the highlights and Victor Valdez was awful. Both of the goals Real Madrid scored can be blamed on him.