Don't hold out hope

Watching Blake Griffin ascend the stage Thursday night at the NBA Draft, don a Los Angeles Clippers hat, shake David Stern’s hand and offer a wondrous smile to the folks in attendance and watching at home, seasoned NBA observers had to think: does this boy have any idea what he’s in for?

It isn’t just the fact that he is now an LA Clipper. That was pretty much a foregone conclusion after the lottery. Even the Clippers aren’t going to trade away the No. 1 pick in a draft that is, well, one player deep. But throw in the fact that Griffin is the No. 1 overall pick and a Clipper and that is a combustible mix, the draft equivalent of hooking Clippers owner Donald Sterling up to a lie detector machine.

You are just waiting for everything to explode.

Full Story: http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/may/2009/06/26/dont-hold-out-hope/

I hope the Clippers can stay healthy and at least try to contend.

Contend for what? Worst record in the league? Nah, just kidding. But I'm with you. I really hope that they can stay healthy and have a good season. I would hate to see them end up like they did last year, especially since they got Blake Griffin.