Celtics Window

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How many more years do you think the Celtics window as a contender in the East will be open for?

1 year?

2 years?

3 years?

Or is it already closed?

I know the Celtics are arguably the 3rd best team in the East as is with the Heat clearly being better and an argument can be made for the Bulls as well, but it is obvious that they are still a great team and capable of making some noise in the East for at least another year.

• Owner

I'd say two years, and that's assuming they actually bring in a center that can do SOMETHING...not even a productive borderline all-star center, just someone that can stay in the game and play most of the season, lol.

Rondo is obviously key. Ray doesn't have to do too much as a spot-up shooter, and as long as Rondo isn't slacking on the defensive end, Garnett won't be forced to rotate over and pick up Rajon's man over and over again (which was a big problem with the Lakers and Fisher). Pierce still has a couple of years left in him before he starts producing like a bench player.

If this squad was brand new, at these ages, I wouldn't have much confidence...but team play takes off a couple of years.

It's now or never for Rondo, though. He has to develop that mid-range shot. If he does that, he'll be a player they can rely on heavily in playoff games, and that will only help his teammates in the long run.

I think it's closed. Miami is too good and getting better. Not to mention the East is getting tougher every day, meaning more competition for these old guys in the regular season so they are more tired come playoffs. I can't see them going to another finals...

• Owner

I think it's closed. Miami is too good and getting better. Not to mention the East is getting tougher every day, meaning more competition for these old guys in the regular season so they are more tired come playoffs. I can't see them going to another finals...

Well, I don't think the Celtics will ever be able to beat the current Miami team, but if a team like Chicago comes around and tackles the Heat, Boston could find their way into the Finals if Rondo slows down Rose.

As far as Miami getting knocked out by Chicago, I think the Bulls are one player away from being able to go seven games with the Heat (one capable starting SG).

Well, I don't think the Celtics will ever be able to beat the current Miami team, but if a team like Chicago comes around and tackles the Heat, Boston could find their way into the Finals if Rondo slows down Rose.

As far as Miami getting knocked out by Chicago, I think the Bulls are one player away from being able to go seven games with the Heat (one capable starting SG).

Now I do agree with that, if Boston gets a favorable playoff schedule, which means mainly avoiding the Heat, then the have the pieces maturity And veteran experience to win another title.