Philadelphia Flyers 2011-12

Phightins

Right.

He is so greedy for going to a team that is not a complete defensive sieve and actually improved their team this off-season. :lol: .

Do you see any chance of Dallas contending for a cup though? Its not like Jagr has 2-4 years left. You would think if it wasn't about the money he would sign with an actual contender this year.

Hey, some decent news today. I am a big fan of the Fedotenko deal. We also signed Bruno Gervais. Meh.

Also, Holmgren pretty much said he isn't interested in trading Schenn/Couturier. Best news of all.

• 2 weeks later...

Shane Doan in town for a visit today. If they are even considering him, it pretty much guarantees that a big contract will be on the way out of Weber winds up here.

Getting Voracek signed should be priority #1 IMO.

For the record, I am happy for the Predators. They may have never recovered had they lost Weber. For the Flyers, this is bad. Nothing worse than a pissed off, desperate Ed Snider. If Sean Couturier and Brayden Schenn are not both on the roster come October, I will not be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Meszaros likely will miss the entire season with a torn Achilles. Dreadful offseason continues. As of now, we are looking at a Bruno Gervais/Andreas Lilja 3rd pairing. Welp...

After the Phillies game last night, I went to a bar near the stadium. A group of Flyers players was there. Matt Read had a Roy Halladay t-shirt and Phillies hat. Not sure why I think this is so awesome.

Now Andreas Lilja is hurt. Will be out until December.

Last year this would have meant addition by subtraction. This year, it's bad. If the season started today, we'd be looking at...

Coburn-Timonen

Grossmann-Schenn

Bourdon-Gervais

Gustafsson

Not good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...