General Hockey Thread 2011-2012

Built Ford Tough

Right, it's totally the Kings fault. The idiot rejected a 9 year $61 million deal. He's had ONEEEEE very good year, and a decent year, and that's it. He needs to stop being a bitch and acting like he's worth more than he is. He would be one of the highest paid players on the Kings.

He doesn't deserve to be paid more than Kopitar who has proven himself much more than the Doughty.

That idiot is 21 years old with a World Junior and Olympic gold medal. He deserves to be paid.

It all depends on what happens with Crosby for Malkin (as well as his knee, but it sounds like his knees are 100% fine), but Ovechkin bouncing back and finishing first in points is probably as safe a bet you could make this year.

The Sedins, Ovie, St Louis and Malkin (depending on Sid) are probably a lock for the top 5.

Also, the Pens need to put legit talent beside Malkin... he isn't going to have a great year playing with bottom 6 caliber forwards. I would like to see them try out the Staalkin combo a bit more if Sid is good to go. Staal needs to be off the 3rd line.

Edited by Check my Stats

It all depends on what happens with Crosby for Malkin (as well as his knee, but it sounds like his knees are 100% fine), but Ovechkin bouncing back and finishing first in points is probably as safe a bet you could make this year.

The Sedins, Ovie, St Louis and Malkin (depending on Sid) are probably a lock for the top 5.

Also, the Pens need to put legit talent beside Malkin... he isn't going to have a great year playing with bottom 6 caliber forwards. I would like to see them try out the Staalkin combo a bit more if Sid is good to go. Staal needs to be off the 3rd line.

Soooo......Stamkos just disappears and the others are a lock?

How come?

I'll start by saying I think he is an excellent complimentary piece for a team, but he is not a franchise player. I know points are not everything, but he has less 70 point seasons than Patrice Bergeron (no slight on either player), but I'm sure most people would have never thought that. I'm not using Bergeron because he's a Boston Bruins player, but because he helps illustrate my point.

Now, I know you will probably want to point to the players around him, but the decrease in points from Nash to the next few players on his team are not that big compared to drop-offs of many elite players in the NHL compared to their teammates.

Would I love him on the Bruins? Yes, because I think he is a great complimentary piece, but would I want him as the face of the franchise and the best player on the Bruins? No, I would not, because I don't think he will lead a team on his own.

I don't know where I'd rank him off the top of my head, but I doubt I have him in my top 25.

I guess we will see this season. I have Columbus sneaking into the playoffs depending on what Steve Mason shows up.

Oh, I'm not saying they won't make the playoffs, but I'm just saying I don't consider Nash to be "elite", by what I perceive as elite.

I haven't given it much though, but top 25 still seems very high for me to rank him. I'll post in a little where I would have him for sure.

Oh, I'm not saying they won't make the playoffs, but I'm just saying I don't consider Nash to be "elite", by what I perceive as elite.

I haven't given it much though, but top 25 still seems very high for me to rank him. I'll post in a little where I would have him for sure.

I can understand the overrated but not to be in the top 25 is off. The Olympics just happened, did you watch any of Canada?

I can understand the overrated but not to be in the top 25 is off. The Olympics just happened, did you watch any of Canada?

Here's a quick list. Tell me who you believe should not be on it in place of Nash.

Crosby

Ovechkin

Malkin

Datsyuk

St. Lous

H. Sedin

D. Sedin

Kesler

St. Louis

Perry

Stamkos

Iginla

Selanne

Zetterberg

B. Richards

M. Richards

E. Staal

P. Kane

Toews

Giroux

Getzlaf

Kopitar

Ryan

Thornton

Backstrom

Kovalchuck

Parise

Hossa

Spezza

Semin

Lecavalier

Lidstrom

Chara

Keith

Doughty

Weber

Suter

There are some I left off, and some that I don't think are better than him that may be on there, but who are you taking off?

Here's a quick list. Tell me who you believe should not be on it in place of Nash.

Crosby

Ovechkin

Malkin

Datsyuk

Stamkos

B. Richards

Toews

There are some I left off, and some that I don't think are better than him that may be on there, but who are you taking off?

Just went through it quick but I guess we will have to agree to disagree that Jason Spezza is better than Rick Nash.

So does Jody Shelly get the first suspension in the Shanny era?

I'd say so. The hit was late, from behind and Shelly has a history of these kinds of plays (he was suspended last year for a similar hit on Adam McQuaid).

Nice scrap between Rosehill and Shelly after the hit as well.

For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, here is a video of the hit and the fight that followed.

http://mmahockey.com/2011/09/video-jody-shelley-hit-on-darryl-boyce-jay-rosehill-fight/

PS: Boyce's nose can't catch a break. Last year with the camera hole incident and now his noise gets jacked up in the 2nd preseason game he plays in. Poor guy. :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Every time I hear Jay Rosehill's name I remember Jack Edward's saying something along the lines of, "Jay Rosehull took a two way path to the NHL.....a left and a right". :lol: .

Then he called him a hatchet man in a long fight with Milan Lucic.

Also, I am going to treat you guys to a WONDERFUL site. I'm sure you guys will love it. :lol: .

http://www.thisbuildingisvibrating.com/