Joel Osteen - "Keep the Right Perspective"

Warren2ThaG

• Owner

Keep in mind that I'm going to talk about translating the Bible, and how it's presented to us, not sitting here debating religion in general (if there's a God or not). That's not the point.

So, yeah, I believe. If you don't, and you want to start ridiculing everything, turn around and find another topic to post in.

My criticism is for anyone (not just a preacher) that makes life so easy as long as we trust in God. This bothers me. They turn around and tell us about free will, which means that, quite frankly, God does not intervene and regulate anything.

When Joel Osteen says that we need to make God bigger than the problem we have (and I'm using blindness as the example), I'm calling BS. If the problem is major, it's major...there's nothing that will change it. You can't "put faith in God" to make everything better, but then still believe in free will (which is a huge staple in our lives, according to the Bible itself).

I want someone to translate it all by saying, "Look, what you do is free will, simple as that. There are consequences, and the only people that are around to help are the ones that are willing to help. God isn't going to be there. He's not performing surgery on you, and he's not giving you a new eye."

I am a firm believer that the Bible has always been poorly translated, and that a lot of the stories are twisted and turned, all due to being told over and over again over thousands of years.

I stopped going to church for this very reason, knowing that my translation is going to be the only one I can accept.