MVP Favorites

EastCoastNiner

Who are your top 5-10 MVP favorites at this point in the season?

He are mine.

1.Calvin Johnson

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Tom Brady

4. Darren McFadden

5. Wes Welker

I'm not sure about putting McFadden and Welker there, but both are off to amazing starts, and I don't know which defensive players to put there because the top defensive players are on losing teams so far.

• Owner

If Megatron has 16 touchdowns by Week 8 (he already has eight in the first four games), I'm picking him as the MVP. He'll be on pace to SHATTER Randy's record. He's already the best WR in the NFL, hands down, and he's really the biggest part of Detroit's 4-0 start (they are 2nd in the NFL in points, and they sure the hell aren't getting those points through their run game).

If Megatron has 16 touchdowns by Week 8 (he already has eight in the first four games), I'm picking him as the MVP. He'll be on pace to SHATTER Randy's record. He's already the best WR in the NFL, hands down, and he's really the biggest part of Detroit's 4-0 start (they are 2nd in the NFL in points, and they sure the hell aren't getting those points through their run game).

It's good to see people finally realize that when the Great ECN says a player is the best at his position or will be before other people notice, that I am usually correct. :glasses: .

Anyways, I just don't want Rodgers to win it.

1. Rodgers (homer pick but he looks like the best in the game right now)

2. Darren McFadden - hes killing it so far. Slow game against New England but if Oakland makes the playoffs he'll be in the discussion.

3. Megatron - He's just ridiculous. IMO Dre is still better butinjuries are killing him. People need to stop sleeping on Detroit just because its the Lions and realize they're legit.

4. Peyton Manning - Do I honestly need to explain?

1. Rodgers (homer pick but he looks like the best in the game right now)

2. Darren McFadden - hes killing it so far. Slow game against New England but if Oakland makes the playoffs he'll be in the discussion.

3. Megatron - He's just ridiculous. IMO Dre is still better butinjuries are killing him. People need to stop sleeping on Detroit just because its the Lions and realize they're legit.

4. Peyton Manning - Do I honestly need to explain?

Explain that the Colts were playing well against the Steelers and Bucs? The Colts could have one those two games.

Explain that the Colts were playing well against the Steelers and Bucs? The Colts could have one those two games.

But they didn't. And both of those teams look like shit to start the season.

Then you would have had no problem giving Brady the MVP during the 2008-2009 season, correct?

I don't really follow football all that much but didn't the Pats miss the playoffs that year because of a tiebreaker or something? That doesn't seem like a valid comparision considering the Colts have already lost as many games as the Pats did the season Brady was hurt.

I don't really follow football all that much but didn't the Pats miss the playoffs that year because of a tiebreaker or something? That doesn't seem like a valid comparision considering the Colts have already lost as many games as the Pats did the season Brady was hurt.

I'm not turning this into a Brady/Manning argument, and only mentioned Brady because they were both in similar situations.

With that said, the Patriots did not beat one playoff team during the season Brady was injured. Yes, they won 11 games, but couldn't beat any good teams. The Colts have also been very competitive this year, and were already on the downswing last year.