Why is Drake so awesome?

kingfish

I don't mind that song, and try to keep an open-mind with Drake considering he is not a true MC, but it's hard. His singing is annoying, he's an average (at very best) rapper, and gets loaded from making girls wet, which unfortunately is the standard right now.

• Like 2

I don't mind that song, and try to keep an open-mind with Drake considering he is not a true MC, but it's hard. His singing is annoying, he's an average (at very best) rapper, and gets loaded from making girls wet, which unfortunately is the standard right now.

Why isnt he a true mc? :blink:

And I hardly doubt any girls are wet when he says thinks like "money over bitches." Thats not really his thing. That must be a stereotype because he doesnt talk about violence in his songs.

Why isnt he a true mc? :blink:

It's not his strength, and he lacks the depth and ability that separate pop stars from classic MC's. Take away the singing, modern production and the fame he receives from the camp he's in, give him a solid snare and not much else, and you'll see what I mean. Famous rappers like Em, Jay, Nas, Wu-Tang, Jadakiss, and even guys like Busta, along with a plethora of dead rappers and underground rappers could still kill it with that similplicity, while Drake needs all the bells and whistles. Bells and whistles give him the fame he has now, and I ain't gonna knock him for that because it's working for him in that regard, but I don't consider him a true MC. He's pop/R&B IMO.

And I hardly doubt any girls are wet when he says thinks like "money over bitches." Thats not really his thing. That must be a stereotype because he doesnt talk about violence in his songs.

Every rapper says money over bitches...he still appeals to and largely speaks to the female crowd, and his sex appeal is a big driving force for his success.

• Like 2

I would like Drake 1000000x more if he didn't play the 'im rich, popular and a player, but im still depressed.' card. no you're not. you're [expletive]ing rich popular and a player who bangs rihanna. your life literally could NOT get better. stop singing about some girl you 'loved' when you were 16. stop being depressing and start being fun.

That's not a freestyle though its his verse from Right Above It. The only reason i like drake is that he writes all of his own shit and writes shit for others. He's a good song writer but i would not rank him among hip hop's elite rappers.

He needs to start rapping like this again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5WLgfjo6HM

That's not a freestyle though its his verse from Right Above It. The only reason i like drake is that he writes all of his own shit and writes shit for others. He's a good song writer but i would not rank him among hip hop's elite rappers.

He needs to start rapping like this again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5WLgfjo6HM

When he tried to freestyle in it it was awful.

When he tried to freestyle in it it was awful.

Not many rappers really freestyle these days though. Most of the shit you here is already written. Even Eminem admitted that he cant really freestyle off the top of his dome, most of his shit he has written just never put into a song. So these days freestyling isn't really freestyling anymore. The only freestyle that was off the top of the dome and was good was Cudi on westwood.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13NvmPybDfs

Regardless of whether it was written, pre-recorded, or off the top.. you shouldn't be stuttering and saying "and then I say", stopping to take time to think of what to say next, when you're already using a slow as [expletive] flow.. that was embarrassing. To defend it is asinine.

Regardless of whether it was written, pre-recorded, or off the top.. you shouldn't be stuttering and saying "and then I say", stopping to take time to think of what to say next, when you're already using a slow as [expletive] flow.. that was embarrassing. To defend it is asinine.

I'm not defending his freestylin' i'm just saying Drakes still pretty real, and writes all his own stuff and most of his hooks are on some big ass hits. There's no denying he's a star.