Stefanski And Bower in Advanced Talks to Become Raptors GM

Philadelphia 76ers executive Ed Stefanski is engaged in advanced talks with the Toronto Raptors to take over as general manager, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Stefanski would move into the franchise’s No. 2 basketball executive job under president Bryan Colangelo. Stefanski, who is in the final year of his deal in Philadelphia and has the GM title, knows he probably won’t be retained after his contract expires, sources said. Stefanski lost his spot as the Sixers’ top decision maker a year ago to Rod Thorn, and now the franchise is waiting for the NBA to approve the team’s sale to a New York investment group.

The Raptors’ list has been whittled to Stefanski and former New Orleans Hornets GM Jeff Bower, sources said.

As the Oregonian reported on Friday, Stefanski has been targeted again as a candidate in the Portland Trail Blazers’ GM search. He turned down the job several years ago as a New Jersey Nets executive, and sources said Stefanski hasn’t been interested in the Blazers job this time around unless he can report directly to owner Paul Allen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_raptors_ed_stefanski_100711

If Stefanski or Bower are hired, I literally would not even care. Both of them are very underwhelming and if they are the "great basketball minds" that Colangelo has talked about bringing in, well.... :lol:

Would honestly just rather BC continue as the GM.

I'm pretty sure he is staying as the GM regardless of who is hired. I'm not 100% sure of the details, but as far as I know, this is basically the same situation as the Leafs management team. Burke has Nonis and Dudley and Colangelo seemingly wants a similar thing for himself. Hence him looking to add another executive with GM experience.

I don't think he is giving up the GM title, at least for right now.