What players are worth keeping on the Pistons?

Real Deal

• Owner

2011-12 Roster

Will Bynum

Austin Daye

Ben Gordon

Richard Hamilton

Brandon Knight

Vernon Macklin

Jason Maxiell

Greg Monroe

Kyle Singler

Charlie Villanueva

Ben Wallace

Terrico White

Free Agents

Rodney Stuckey

Tracy McGrady

Tayshaun Prince

DaJuan Summers

Chris Wilcox

Jonas Jerebko

Who is really worth keeping on the roster?

I am still quite high on Stuckey, although I believe he would be best utilized as a 6th man in a great team i.e. Jason Terry.

Austin Daye, Greg Monroe and Jerebko all have potential, and should stay.

Brandon Knight is a bit of an unknown to me, but from what I have heard he should be a good PG.

The rest can be replaced and no one would really notice...some of them unhappy (Rip, Prince) and some are too overpaid to care (Charlie V and Ben Gordon) while some are just generic bench players every team would have. (Jason Maxiell , Terrico White, Will Bynum)

Edited by Newman

Daye, Singler, Knight, Jerebko and Monroe are really the only ones who shouldn't be given up, only because of potential. Hamilton is not the same player he once was, is way overpaid and is unhappy. I think Prince is a very nice player, but he'd be more beneficial to a contending team, and he isn't a guy you build around. By the time they build a playoff-caliber roster, he'll be on the downside. Gordon is way overpaid and is a bad fit. Stuckey...meh, isn't a floor general and doesn't do enough elsewhere to warrant him being an untouchable. Everyone else is very, very expendable or just a terrible fit.

And if no one else signs T-Mac, Detroit should bring him back next season for the minimum/close to it. Their best basketball of the season was when he was starting/getting significant minutes as a PG/point-forward, and he really made some of the younger guys look a helluva lot better than when Stuckey was running the show. Then again I'm a T-Mac fanboy so idk man wow....

• Owner

Daye, Singler, Knight, Jerebko and Monroe

Add Terrico White to the list. He hasn't played enough to be cut out of the picture just yet. The man can jump out of the building, and while he could just be a shorter James White (all athleticism, no substance), there's still a bit of potential there.

And if no one else signs T-Mac, Detroit should bring him back next season for the minimum/close to it. Their best basketball of the season was when he was starting/getting significant minutes as a PG/point-forward, and he really made some of the younger guys look a helluva lot better than when Stuckey was running the show. Then again I'm a T-Mac fanboy so idk man wow....

T-MAC IS DONE. GET OVER IT.

But maybe not. ;)