Raiders QB Campbell breaks collarbone

ChosenOne

Two [expletive]ing first round picks? I seriously refuse to believe this until I see Carson Palmer taking snaps for us.

Not even turning on the TV until Sunday.

2013 pick is a 2nd, that could conditionally become a 1st. Probably based around playoffs/performance enhancers. Raiders are all-in!

• Owner

There are probably what...five first-round QB's in the upcoming draft? I mean, if we end up not making the playoffs, what are the chances we can get a decent QB? Landry Jones isn't going to be selected before Luck or Barkley. Then you have Griffin (who can rack up yards on the ground) and Tannehill (who would rather throw for 400).

Wide selection, and it's not like Oakland is looking for anything specific. They just considered Young, Garrard, had Campbell, have Boller, and just now traded for Palmer.

This just makes me sick to my stomach. I have a bad feeling about this.

He has been healthy the last two years and his numbers haven't been all that good. 47 td's, 33 ints, 52 sacks, 13 fumbles.

Can he be a good QB yes, is he worth anything close to a first round pick? No.

he is worth it, we drafted Curry in the 1st round and dealt him to Oakland. we gained nothin

he is worth it, we drafted Curry in the 1st round and dealt him to Oakland. we gained nothin

LMAO he is not worth one first round pick let alone possibly two of them. And I have no idea what the [expletive] Curry has to do with anything so yeah when you decide to make some sense with that reply back lol

LMAO he is not worth one first round pick let alone possibly two of them. And I have no idea what the [expletive] Curry has to do with anything so yeah when you decide to make some sense with that reply back lol

He's saying the Seahawks basically wasted a 1st round pick by drafting Curry and trading him for nothing. In the Raiders case, he is saying that they traded at least one 1st rounder, but at least gained an asset for it.

He's saying the Seahawks basically wasted a 1st round pick by drafting Curry and trading him for nothing. In the Raiders case, he is saying that they traded at least one 1st rounder, but at least gained an asset for it.

Yeah but Carson isn't an asset that's worth a first at this point. Especially with Garrard sitting at home, who would have been a better fit for the team.

Yeah but Carson isn't an asset that's worth a first at this point.

He's worth what someone will pay for him. The point is that he's a contributing asset, when the pick could have been wasted regardless.

Especially with Garrard sitting at home, who would have been a better fit for the team.

Garrard is not a better fit, without even considering his impending back surgery. The Raiders utilize a very vertical passing game, and Palmer has a strong enough arm to fit the ball anywhere down the field.

He's worth what someone will pay for him. The point is that he's a contributing asset, when the pick could have been wasted regardless.

Garrard is not a better fit, without even considering his impending back surgery. The Raiders utilize a very vertical passing game, and Palmer has a strong enough arm to fit the ball anywhere down the field.

I guess so.

I was thinking Garrard was already good to go from that surgery.

2012 draft is going to suck but yeah thats awful

the 2012 draft is supposedly strong on quarterbacks though. i dont understand why you would give up a 1st this year and a 1st/2nd next year for a 32 year old quarterback who has never won a playoff game. for the raiders sake i hope this works out but i personally dont see it happening. their 2012 draft class will be pretty much nonexistent unless they pick up some big steals late.

the 2012 draft is supposedly strong on quarterbacks though. i dont understand why you would give up a 1st this year and a 1st/2nd next year for a 32 year old quarterback who has never won a playoff game. for the raiders sake i hope this works out but i personally dont see it happening. their 2012 draft class will be pretty much nonexistent unless they pick up some big steals late.

Because your team is ready to win now and you don't want to look a few years down the road. They'll have compensation picks for about 5 guys (Nnamdi, Gallery, Gradkowski, Zach Miller, Thomas Howard), so I don't think they'll be entirely without a class. Probably a 3rd and a 4th for Nnamdi and Miller.