Make one realistic move for the Utah Jazz

Real Deal

• Owner

This team isn't going to contend, so it's your job to make sure they will.

This one move may not put them into contention, but it's a step in the right direction.

If you were the GM, what is that one move you make?

Here's the roster: http://otrbasketball.com/jazz/roster.php

Is it time to trade Jefferson? Do you throw Devin Harris out there in a package deal that includes Millsap? How important is Favors, at this point? Can you find a diamond in the rough through free agency?

With them already trading DWill I think it would be time to clean house and start over. I would ship Jefferson, Harris, Okur and Bell in either a couple of package trades or seprately it really wouldnt matter as long as young players or first round picks come back in return. I would try Favors and Millsap combo for a year and see how it works as a whole if it fails then Millsap gets shipped as well (asuming Favors plays well). Its time for this team to get a new face, right now they have no one as the face of the franchise.

There is nothing out there in FA that would get them to the playoffs, except maybe Tayshaun Prince or Caron Butler. They are desperately weak at the wing positions, and also lack any pure PG, so they should ideally trade Harris/one of their high-value PF's/Okur's big expiring contract (I believe it's expiring, anyway) for a really good player at one of those position, and a solid role player at the other. If they can pry an Iguodala, Gay, Ellis, Steph Curry, or Westbrook type player, that'd be a big start in the right direction, and with Harris/those PF's/Okur's contract they have that kind of value.

• Owner

There is nothing out there in FA that would get them to the playoffs, except maybe Tayshaun Prince or Caron Butler. They are desperately weak at the wing positions, and also lack any pure PG, so they should ideally trade Harris/one of their high-value PF's/Okur's big expiring contract (I believe it's expiring, anyway) for a really good player at one of those position, and a solid role player at the other. If they can pry an Iguodala, Gay, Ellis, Steph Curry, or Westbrook type player, that'd be a big start in the right direction, and with Harris/those PF's/Okur's contract they have that kind of value.

Okur has $10.89 million left, expiring, so you're correct.

Iguodala is interesting. The Sixers love what they have with Jrue, so I doubt they care about Harris...but it makes me wonder if they wouldn't take a big for Iggy. Utah has one available...I believe Favors is capable of starting, and maybe Philly wants to take a shot at that (contracts would have to match up, but as you know, that can be arranged).

I'd be doing the opposite. Accumulate more young talent to put around Kanter/Favors.. try and get one of those sought after wings in the coming draft

Yeah, if the Jazz can land someone like MKG (assuming they fall around 12-15), that would be nice. He plays like Iggy, really...very good defensive player (which Utah needs if they are going to lose AK47), and he can jump out of the building.

Quincy Miller is another, as long as he stays true to his game. I'm not really sure where he'll fall by draft time, though...he has the potential to boost his stock and get considered in the top five, honestly.