Jay Williams Top 12 Point Guards in College Basketball

Inside piece, so I'll post a bit and then just list the rest.

1. Kendall Marshall, North Carolina

El Capitan. The orchestrator. The maestro. He came in and immediately turned UNC into a title contender last season. His vision and ability to deliver crisp passes allow him to facilitate better than any other player in the collegiate ranks. Some would even dare to call him the Mark Jackson of college basketball. His patience, composure, control and uncanny style of play are what make him a spectacular floor general. With the supporting cast of John Henson, Harrison Barnes, Reggie Bullock, P.J. Hairston, Tyler Zeller and James Michael McAdoo, anything short of a national title would be a disappointment in Chapel Hill.

2. Jordan Taylor, Wisconsin

JT is the most efficient player in the college game today. It is a rare thing to see him force the action -- he's just so methodical and effective. His strong frame, deep shooting touch and off-the-charts IQ make him the most dangerous player on this level when involved in screen-and-roll action. Taylor is a player who understands that less is more by always keeping the game simple. That within itself is a lost art in our game today.

3. Tu Holloway, Xavier

The decision of the Atlantic 10 Player of the Year to come back for his senior season was a brilliant one. Holloway is one of the most exciting guards to watch in the game. His blazing quickness, combined with the love for the big stage and ability to put up points in a hurry make him one of the premier competitors in the country. So does averaging 20 points, five rebounds and five assists per game, as he did last season. With Mark Lyons and a healthy Brad Redford on the perimeter, and a solid frontcourt of Kenny Frease and Jeff Robinson, Chris Mack's unit will be a top-20 team and a favorite in the A-10

4. Myck Kabongo, Texas

5. Marquis Teague, Kentucky

6. Ashton Gibbs, Pittsburgh

7. Josiah Turner, Arizona

8. Aaron Craft, Ohio State

9. Maalik Waynes, Villanova

10. Scoop Jardine, Syracuse

11. Tyshawn Taylor, Kansas

12. Tony Wroten Jr., Washington

Thoughts?

I don't follow college basketball nearly as much as others on here as it is difficult to watch any significant amount of games as I have to watch everything on the computer. It is difficult to find links for teams other than the well known schools. So I haven't seen much of any of these guys other than Marshall, Tyshawn Taylor and highlight packages of Kabongo and Teague.

Edited by The Great BFT

Jordan Taylor is the best PG in the nation if you ask me. He doesn't get enough credit for being a good PG because he's such an explosive scorer. He carries such a heavy load on this team, hopefully someone steps up and provides the Badgers with a second scoring threat. If Gassner and Evans improve their perimeter game, Taylor will find them.

Aaron Craft is a little too high on this list if you ask me, he's not a great leader, and is passive at times. He makes flashy plays every now and then, but he needs to control the pace of the game more often.

I cannot wait to see both Teague and Kabongo this year. Kabongo in particular, because he will rise up draft boards if he displays his leadership with this young Texas team and they start to win. He's a natural for the PG position and is a terrific shooter.

• 1 month later...

Kendall Marshall is the most overrated basketball prospect ever

No jumper whatsoever

He makes Rondo look like Larry Bird

He is not even in my top 30.

His jumper >>>>> Rondo's. Plus, that's not what people like about him to begin with.

• 1 month later...

Kendall Marshall is the most overrated basketball prospect ever

No jumper whatsoever

He makes Rondo look like Larry Bird

He is not even in my top 30.

Ok, I think your getting a little carried away here. Though I rarely watch college basketball until March madness, i've seen enough to know his jumper isn't as bad as Rondo's.