Lebron's Top 5

Guru

Pfft, no McFadden in the top five RB? The guy that could basically put the Raiders in the playoffs with his rushing? He was the leading rusher before injury, IIRC.

Agreed. Fred Jackson should be up there too imo.

And lmao at Cam Newton being a top 5 QB in the NFL right now. Probably one day, but you can't put him above Big Ben or Eli right now.

• Owner

Agreed. Fred Jackson should be up there too imo.

And lmao at Cam Newton being a top 5 QB in the NFL right now. Probably one day, but you can't put him above Big Ben or Eli right now.

I wasn't surprised at the Newton pick. Cam is the NFL's LeBron (minus the attitude, of course).

Honestly, I can't believe James didn't stick Andrew Luck in his top five. Might as well...LeBron was a legend before he played his first game with Cleveland, so...

I wasn't surprised at the Newton pick. Cam is the NFL's LeBron (minus the attitude, of course).

LOL you took the words right out of my mouth that's exactly what I was going to say.

As for his top 5 QB's I agree with all of them except Cam he's a rookie and still has a long way to go before considering him top 5 or 10 for that matter I agree he should have said Ben or Eli.I agree with every one of his WR and most of his RB's but he could have squeezed either Frank Gore or McFadden in there Fred Jackson's been good too.

• Owner

I'm definitely not a Cam hater, though...I'll go ahead and put that out there. I like him as much as I liked LeBron back in his younger years (second favorite player in the league). I just hope Cam doesn't change, personality and attitude-wise.

Oh I have no problem with Cam myself I was actually a big fan of his when he was at Auburn and I'm a fan of him now with the Panthers. I was just agreeing that he is just as hyped up as LeBron was as a rookie or before he even stepped on the pro stage fro that matter. Cam's jut as much of a beast as LeBron was a rookie so no hating there at all.

I don't think Cam was anymore hyped than any other person to go 1 overall in the draft. In fact I feel a lot of people felt he was a bust, so don't know what you talking about. Any hype Cam has now is completely and 100% deserved because the man has dazzled.

• Like 2

I don't think Cam was anymore hyped than any other person to go 1 overall in the draft. In fact I feel a lot of people felt he was a bust, so don't know what you talking about. Any hype Cam has now is completely and 100% deserved because the man has dazzled.

I'd say it's about half and half when people talking about him being a bust. Alot of people I know actually felt he was going to be the next big thing coming out of college. And I completely agree Cam does deserve all the hype he is getting but when I said hype I guess I should have been more specific, I mean hype as in expectation. LeBron had alot of expectation coming in so did Cam whether it was good or not people were very interested to see how Cam would play same with LeBron.

Lolololol I really hope you don't think Lebrons jumper is above average.

Why wouldn't he?

12.3 ppg off of jump shots on 47.5 eFG% is at the very least average.

If LeBron isn't considered an average/above average shooter, neither should:

Paul Pierce (8.9 ppg/49 eFG%)

Kobe Bryant (15.6 ppg/46 eFG%

Kevin Durant (16.2 ppg/47.5 eFG%)

Derrick Rose (12 ppg/44 eFG%)

Kevin Martin (11.6 ppg/46 eFG%)

Carmelo Anthony (13.4 ppg/46 eFG%)

and I can go on, but it would be pointless.

He isn't a great shooter by any means as he is really streaky and goes through plenty of hot/cold stretches. However, he faces arguably the most defensive attention out of any player in the league yet still manages to put up very respectable shooting percentages.

Clearly he isn't on the levels of a:

Dirk (14.7 ppg/52.5 eFG%)

Allen (11.4 ppg/56.2 eFG%)

Nash (9.5 ppg/51.1 eFG%)

but he is, at the very least, average in respect to the rest of the better offensive perimeter players in the league.

He also ranked 7th in all of the NBA when it comes to mid range shooting according to:

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2011/9/24/2446337/who-are-the-nbas-most-valuable-mid-range-shooters

So yeah, I really hope that he does think that LeBron is an above average shooter.

• Like 4

Why wouldn't he?

12.3 ppg off of jump shots on 47.5 eFG% is at the very least average.

If LeBron isn't considered an average/above average shooter, neither should:

Paul Pierce (8.9 ppg/49 eFG%)

Kobe Bryant (15.6 ppg/46 eFG%

Kevin Durant (16.2 ppg/47.5 eFG%)

Derrick Rose (12 ppg/44 eFG%)

Kevin Martin (11.6 ppg/46 eFG%)

Carmelo Anthony (13.4 ppg/46 eFG%)

and I can go on, but it would be pointless.

He isn't a great shooter by any means as he is really streaky and goes through plenty of hot/cold stretches. However, he faces arguably the most defensive attention out of any player in the league yet still manages to put up very respectable shooting percentages.

Clearly he isn't on the levels of a:

Dirk (14.7 ppg/52.5 eFG%)

Allen (11.4 ppg/56.2 eFG%)

Nash (9.5 ppg/51.1 eFG%)

but he is, at the very least, average in respect to the rest of the better offensive perimeter players in the league.

He also ranked 7th in all of the NBA when it comes to mid range shooting according to:

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2011/9/24/2446337/who-are-the-nbas-most-valuable-mid-range-shooters

So yeah, I really hope that he does think that LeBron is an above average shooter.

Bang! Little man just got served a plate full of BFT!!

• Owner

I don't think anyone can argue against Cam meeting expectations, but the fact is, the expectations were high for him. I wouldn't say he was on LeBron's level, as far as hype goes, but let's put it this way: there have been 10 QB's taken #1 in the last 13 years. How much hype did Manning get? Vick was up there. I still think Newton has had the most hype of them all, at least around here where I'm at.

People that called him a potential bust have been doing it, for the most part, because they absolutely hate him and the way things turned out in Auburn.

I'll say that Andrew Luck has already exceeded Newton's hype, though.

BUT, yes, Newton has done pretty good. He's my ROY, and it would take a huge collapse for that to change. There's no way he's a top 5 QB, though.

I honestly never saw all the hype around Cam Newton, not like me personally, but I never saw anyone hype him up. If he seemed hyped up it was probably just becasue you heard his name so much last year. With the recruiting scandal and all the controversy surrounding him in a year in which he won the heisman trophy, inked a million dollar deal in a lock out, got drafted 1st overall, oh yeah and won the national championship. Not many QB's who have gone 1 overall can say that. I think if there was any hype around Cam Newton is was strictly based of the fact that you can say he was the athlete most talked about in 2010. However in terms of talent I think many saw that taking of Cam Newton #1 overall a huge risk and a lot of people were saying the best QB talent in the draft was Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker. However I don't watch ESPN as much as I used to so maybe they were hyping him up. Compared to LeBron status? Nah get out, but I can def see how people would say he's over hyped.

BTW not arguing the LeBron Newton comparison I like it. Newton is a lot like LeBron in that he is tall, built like a truck, has superior atheltic ability than others his size, and has talent for days. However that's on the field. Off the field Newton has been pretty classy so far, I know some will bring up his past. However Cam has said the right things and hasn't broke the hearts of Carolina fans to go sign with the Dolphins, yet. :)