General Wrestling & Show Discussion Thread

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon spent a considerable portion of today's meeting with the Raw writing staff and the producers talking about The Rock's star power and what The Rock's return has meant to WWE. According to a key source in WWE, McMahon also spent a lot of time talking about how WWE has to "promote, and promote hard" the new WWE Champion CM Punk and his relationship with the audience.

Behind the scenes, many are wondering if Punk is setting up a potential match with The Rock with his comments about Rock's attitude behind the scenes. But according to several wrestlers in the WWE locker room, Punk has not hidden the fact that he feels WWE needs to promote the full time players in the locker room, and that Rock is not respectful to the members of the locker room who are on a full time schedule.

"Punk is Punk," a Raw wrestler told us exclusively, "he's not kidding when he says that what you see is what you get. He doesn't sweat anyone."

• Owner

Yes, Ziggler is arguably the best wrestler in the WWE. I used to hate him, but now, he's one of my favorites right now.

Yeah, he was smoking that good shit!

Maybe that is why he is so paranoid about a conspiracy?

Ha, maybe so. Sadly, Truth should've been suspended the same day Evan Bourne was, but Vince wasn't going to do that because he had his Rock/Cena vs. Awesome Truth match set up for Survivor Series...which isn't right.

Yes, Ziggler is arguably the best wrestler in the WWE. I used to hate him, but now, he's one of my favorites right now.

Ha, maybe so. Sadly, Truth should've been suspended the same day Evan Bourne was, but Vince wasn't going to do that because he had his Rock/Cena vs. Awesome Truth match set up for Survivor Series...which isn't right.

For smoking weed? Disagree, as long as he gets punished, I can see if it was super serious, but this is an optional policy placed by an entertainment industry, not like we are actually talking sports with steroids, who doesn't smoke weed? If he were suspended that would have been awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwfulllllllllllllllllllll. (miz voice) :)

• Owner

For smoking weed? Disagree, as long as he gets punished, I can see if it was super serious, but this is an optional policy placed by an entertainment industry, not like we are actually talking sports with steroids, who doesn't smoke weed? If he were suspended that would have been awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwfulllllllllllllllllllll. (miz voice) :)

That wasn't what I was saying, though. If they were suspending Evan immediately, they should've done the same to Truth...because they were both caught together.

That wasn't what I was saying, though. If they were suspending Evan immediately, they should've done the same to Truth...because they were both caught together.

Nah even in pro sports if you are suspended for something you can choose when to serve your suspension in some cases, or have it delayed for appeal...I have no problem with it...

Dolph is ready for that world title..he's one of my favorites right now.

I hope he wins the Royal Rumble.

And the cryptic promo last night was confirmed as the return of:

Chris Jericho

Actually..we should just make this the show/general wrestling discussion thread. That cool B?

• Owner

And the cryptic promo last night was confirmed as the return of:

Chris Jericho

You sure? It's a bit dark for him.

Actually..we should just make this the show/general wrestling discussion thread. That cool B?

Cool like uh...school.

You sure? It's a bit dark for him.

That's what they're reporting. I don't believe it myself..but at the same time Jericho is always looking for new ways to freshen his character up...plus he was really pushing for a feud with CM Punk not too long ago. Maybe he's coming back and winning the Royal Rumble?

That's what they're reporting. I don't believe it myself..but at the same time Jericho is always looking for new ways to freshen his character up...plus he was really pushing for a feud with CM Punk not too long ago. Maybe he's coming back and winning the Royal Rumble?

Maybe he will be "the conspiracy"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Interesting that they opt to go with putting veterans in the MITB match instead of young talent. Pretty sure Cena is going to win it and then we'll get a Cena/Punk rematch at Summerslam. Would love to see that happen but Punk should come out on top for his title reign to mean something IMO.

Interesting that they opt to go with putting veterans in the MITB match instead of young talent. Pretty sure Cena is going to win it and then we'll get a Cena/Punk rematch at Summerslam. Would love to see that happen but Punk should come out on top for his title reign to mean something IMO.

Well the SD one is gonna be a regular one like normal.

• 7 months later...