5 Questions

Showtime16

1) What moves do you think the Rockets should make after the lock-out officially ends?

2) How do you see there season going?

3) What do you expect to see from the rookies?

4) What Rocket player if any do think will have a break out season?

5) If you were coaching the Rockets what would be your rotation?

1. The Rockets can go one or two directions here, (1) sign a center. Nene, Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan, and Marc Gasol are all available and we have the cap space (Jordan is the most realistic). Or (2) blow this shit up.

2. I think we got a legitimate shot this year, a couple of West teams did get worse but there are some young teams getting better (Warriors). Chances are that we'll be picking at the 14th slot again in June 28. Really depends if we can finally get a center over 6'7.

3. Parsons will likely spend most of the season in the D-League, Motiejunas probably won't sign here although he does have an opt-out clause, and I'm expecting Morris to get himself into the rotation quickly. I think Morris will come off the bench for a decent 8 points and 4-5 rebound season.

4. All eyes are going to be on our 2009 draft picks, Thabeet/Williams/Flynn all have the potential to be good players but its a matter of getting there. I think Patterson is the easy pick here, very solid last season and looks like he can be a future starting PF.

5. If I were McHale, I'd try to get the '09 picks (I mean we're paying Thabeet $5+ million, just play him dammit) and our rookies some playing time. We're going to try to win as many games as possible but its clear that this is also a developmental year.

1. The Rockets can go one or two directions here, (1) sign a center. Nene, Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan, and Marc Gasol are all available and we have the cap space (Jordan is the most realistic). Or (2) blow this shit up.

2. I think we got a legitimate shot this year, a couple of West teams did get worse but there are some young teams getting better (Warriors). Chances are that we'll be picking at the 14th slot again in June 28. Really depends if we can finally get a center over 6'7.

3. Parsons will likely spend most of the season in the D-League, Motiejunas probably won't sign here although he does have an opt-out clause, and I'm expecting Morris to get himself into the rotation quickly. I think Morris will come off the bench for a decent 8 points and 4-5 rebound season.

4. All eyes are going to be on our 2009 draft picks, Thabeet/Williams/Flynn all have the potential to be good players but its a matter of getting there. I think Patterson is the easy pick here, very solid last season and looks like he can be a future starting PF.

5. If I were McHale, I'd try to get the '09 picks (I mean we're paying Thabeet $5+ million, just play him dammit) and our rookies some playing time. We're going to try to win as many games as possible but its clear that this is also a developmental year.

1. I agree with you 100% I hope we sign a big I mean I love what Chuck does at 6"6 I been a fan of him since college but is a role player not a starting Center. If we dont get De Jordan or maybe Nene then we gotta blow it up and rock da boat!

2. Yea I recon we gone be right around .500 either 8th seed or 12-14 lotto picks.

3. I hope Montiejunus joins the Rockets. I think he has potential to be verry good for us in the future and I agree with you on parsons and Morris though I suspect Morris to struggle a bit at first.

4. I really like T.Williams he was a solid player when he was with the Nets and Flynn and Thabbet both have good potential, but I look for Patterson to have a serious breakout year and be the starting PF of the future. If Courtney Lee could pick his game up this year that would be a nice lift to.

5. I would get Patterson as many minutes as possible and try to get Lee more minutes some how.

Rotation

C Chuck Hayes

PF Louis Scola

SF Terence Williams

SG Kevin Martin

PG Kyle Lowry

6th Pat Patterson

7th Courtney Lee

8th Marcus Morris

9th Chase Budinger

10th Jordan Hill

11th Johny Flynn