Your top 3 realistic free agent targets?

Dash

Who are the top 3 free agents you would like your team to bring in?

1. DeAndre Jordan - he may be restricted but Jordan has a desire to return to Houston and he might be the only center in the free agent pool we can at least sign to a offer sheet.

2. Luc Mbah a Moute - one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and still pretty young, could be our Shane Battier replacement. The problem? Like Jordan he's a restricted free agent.

3. Tayshaun Prince - depends whether or not the Rockets are rebuilding but if they truly want to make a push for the playoffs then we need a starting small forward. Budinger could always improve and there is Marcus Morris but as of right now neither look like legitimate starters.

Honorable mention: Kyrylo Fesenko - if the Rockets can't bring in one of the big name centers, look for them to take a chance at Fesenko. They were interested last season.

Nene, Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol are all being pursued by Houston but it sounds like our front office isn't very confident that they'll get either one.

Well guys who may be looking to sign for the vet minimum would make up my list. I don't really know who would come here for that but these are some hopefuls.

1. Vince Carter - we need someone behind D-Wade to provide a second scoring option when 2 of the big 3 are out.

2. Tracy McGrady - see above

3. Grant Hill - never won a ring, maybe he sees a big opportunity with us off the bench.

For the Spurs they have been rumored to be looking at several SFs which could mean RJ is on his way out. Whether that is through Amnesty or Trade it doesn't matter. If RJ is gone I would like to see the Spurs go after Caron Butler. However the need for a defensive big and back up PG are more pressing needs.

Back up PG options

Earl Watson

TJ Ford

Jannero Pargo

Bigs???

Nene- No chance

Tyson Chandler-No Chance

Dwight Howard-Lol

Marc Gasol- Lol

Alexis Ajinca (sp)- Would be my first choice of "cheap" bigs..

Spurs a f***ed this year, however next year we can be big players in FA with Timmy's contract expiring.

Alexis Ajinca (sp)- Would be my first choice of "cheap" bigs..

Meh, I'd stay away from him. He is pretty damn bad.

I was actually somewhat excited when the Raptors traded for him last season, but the minute I saw him play, all excitement faded. He is big and has nice length, but he doesn't use it defensively, and it is even worse offensively where he fades further and further away from the basket to the point where he stands outside the three point line.

Maybe Popovich would be able to get more out of him than Triano did (god knows, he couldn't get any less) as he does have nice size and length, but he just isn't very good.

As for Toronto's free agent targets, there really aren't any big mones.

They have 10 players under contract so they will need to sign around 4 players.

They are going to need a small forward since Kleiza is out until Feburary (I think) and Weems is in Lithuania for the season, which only leaves James Johnson.

They will likely sign a cheap 5th big man, which may be filled by re-signing Reggie Evans.

Probably a 3rd point guard to play behind Calderon and Bayless.

Lastly, maybe they take a chance on somebody over in Europe.

As far as specific names, your guess is as good as mine.

Shooting guard is definitely what we need.

1. Nick Young - Probably leaving Washington, and a scorer like him might just be willing to accept the MLE to come to Chicago.

2. Marcus Thornton - Same situation as Young.

3. Shannon Brown - Probably not someone we need, but he is athletic, can play defense and shown early last season that he can shoot the ball. I would like to see him join.

1. Mo Evans - With Brown gone, Evans would be a nice replacement. Could be had for mini MLE.

2. Sebastian Telfair - LA needs speed in the backcourt with that old dinosaur Fisher and Blake as the lead guards. LA could use his ability to get into the lane.

3. Delonte West - Could reunite with Mike Brown. Would provide defense, could spread the floor, hit clutch shots, and could play both backcourt positions. Also adds another element of crazy to go with MWP and Matt Barnes.

Top Needs

C

SF

1) Nene C: Is the ideal fit here well rounded C

2) Tyson Chandler C: Defensive minded team player who will a need, starting C

3) DeAndre Jordan C: Athletic C who might want to return to his hometown

4) Caron Butler SF/SG: All Star Caliber SF

6) Marc Gasol: same as Nene

5) Luc Mbah a Moute SF: Defensive SF who would fit great with Rockets

Alternatives

1) Jeff Green SF: Starting SF option

2)Jason Kapono: SF Can shoot the light out

3) Arron Afallo SG: He can just flat out play no need make K Mart expendable

4) Kyrylo Fesenko C: Young C with some skills if don't get one of top guys

5) Dexter Pittman C: He is a big mother

I look for the Rockets to sign around 2-3 Free Agents

Well guys who may be looking to sign for the vet minimum would make up my list. I don't really know who would come here for that but these are some hopefuls.

1. Vince Carter - we need someone behind D-Wade to provide a second scoring option when 2 of the big 3 are out.

2. Tracy McGrady - see above

3. Grant Hill - never won a ring, maybe he sees a big opportunity with us off the bench.

Bad idea, you don't want to fill the Heat up with a ringless squad.

I propose they add....

Peja

Kristic

Sasha

you add shooting, size, and championship experiance.

These guys may look like scrubs but come game 7 when the game's close....these are the types of guys with ice in their veins

Plus Euro style with LBJ and Wade would give us the best basketball ever.