Eddy Curry signing with Heat

Flash

• Owner

Does this mean no Chandler?

To get Chandler, they'd have to trade LeBron, Wade or Bosh (or dump their contracts somehow), or Chandler would have to take about $13-15 million less than what he's expecting a year. That was never going to happen.

• Owner

Well I wouldn't expect much from Curry but it's a big body that the Heat desperately need. The problem with Curry though is he has good size but he is a terrible rebounder even worse than Bargnani.

See, I've changed my stance on that.

The way I look at it, if you don't have a legitimate center, you can't pack your team with "big bodies" and expect it to work. Curry is not a defender. At his best, he's an offensive threat, but we don't even know if he'll be that. On the other hand, Joel Anthony (who is incredibly bad on offense) will defend far better than Curry.

So...how many minutes will Curry eat up? The Heat have three players on their roster who can score 30+ in a game. The last thing they need is an offensive player who can't play any defense.

Why do the Heat insist on guys who play the side of the floor where they don't really need any help. Curry is going to need the ball down on the block, are the Heat really going to drop it off to him? Doubt the big 3 would be very happy about that... pointless signing... still in search for that rim protector..

• Like 1

See, I've changed my stance on that.

The way I look at it, if you don't have a legitimate center, you can't pack your team with "big bodies" and expect it to work. Curry is not a defender. At his best, he's an offensive threat, but we don't even know if he'll be that. On the other hand, Joel Anthony (who is incredibly bad on offense) will defend far better than Curry.

So...how many minutes will Curry eat up? The Heat have three players on their roster who can score 30+ in a game. The last thing they need is an offensive player who can't play any defense.

I agree the Heat could a found better but at the same time he does add depth to an already small Heat frontcourt. Like you said Curry won't see much of the floor this year anyway other then when Joel Anthony or Pittman if he plays this year gets injured but in a league were the Center position is very weak now a days its good to be prepared for anything.

@IamaGM

IamaGM.com

Eddy Curry, about facing the Knicks: "Looking forward to that game. All I think about is that game." dlvr.it/10T62Z

lol, keep acting like the Knicks wronged you, after they paid you to be a fat, lazy, injured, worthless piece of garbage who sexually solicits men. :lol: