Woj: Lakers close to sending Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom for Chris Paul

Dash

Is it just me, or is Gasol the most valuable person in this trade? Lakers pretty much called up Rockets and said ''Hey, we want CP3 but we don't have any players they'd really want. Can we use yours? We can? Great! thanks.''

Pretty much this. Pisses me off.

Where the younger assets would come from was still being negotiated early Saturday, with potential candidates to go to New Orleans being Patrick Paterson, Courtney Lee and an assembly of draft picks, according to an executive briefed on the talks.

[expletive] this shit. I am done.

• Like 1

lakers should only trade pau/odom and nothing more. if that doesnt get it done than cancel the deal and focus exclusively on dwight.

as much as i like the idea of chris paul on the lakers, here is why i'm not too fond of paying a steep price for him:

Paul underwent surgery on the knee in early February. Noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews, unable to sew the damaged piece of cartilage, cut it away instead, one of the primary reasons Paul played in just 45 games last season, and New Orleans found itself in the draft lottery instead of the playoffs.

Paul returned at the end of last season after rehabbing the knee, perhaps unwisely, which led to an offseason of further rehabilitation to get the knee as close to 100 percent as possible.

With Paul wearing a knee brace from the outset of training camp this season, speculation grew about the condition of his knee, fueling bizarre rumors about his health, whether there was any cartilage remaining in the joint, even if it would be necessary to go into the knee again perhaps once this season has ended.

Knees have two meniscus cartilages between the femur and the tibia bones, which provide a cushion so the bones do not grind together.

Because Paul’s torn meniscus could not be repaired by knitting it back together and the tear was sliced away, there’s the prospect of less cushioning cartilage between the bones, making it possible for some bone-on-bone wear and tear in the knee.

Portland’s Brandon Roy recently underwent surgery on both knees because of that issue. Microfracture surgery is sometimes an option for athletes who’ve had cartilage removal

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2011/01/hornets_ailing_chris_paul_cont.html

i dont want him to come, play out the season, and have us extend him for a max deal and have him turn into a brandon roy. it'll handicap the franchise for years. and there's also no guarantee he even meshes well with kobe or that we'll get dwight howard after.

Don't you guys realize that David Stern is my bitch? There's no way I'm letting this happen. it'd be an absolute travashamockery! We might as well just let 10 teams play the season! Vetoed bitches. CP3 is only allowed to go to The Bucks, Raptors, Bobcats, Pistons or Cavs. No one else because it just wouldn't be fair for the rest of us.

Please regard,

Dan G.

It Also looks like Jermaine Oneal will be a #Laker as soon as he gets released from the #Hornets.

MikedupRadiocom Mike GabrielThe #Lakers have another assetcoming with CP3, but I can't tell you who it is. But the deal is done.

deal is done.

WHAT?!?! I DONT' THINK SO BUDDY. NOT ON MY WATCH! IM NOT LETTING THE NBA TURN INTO SOME SHOW WHERE 10 TEAMS HAVE ALL THE DECENT PLAYERS. NO SIR. I'M CALLING DAVID RIGHT NOW AND IF HE DOESN'T PICK UP IM SENDING HIM A STRONGLY WORDED E-MAIL AND A GOD DAMN LETTER. THIS IS ABSURD.

Please regard,

Dan G.

It Also looks like Jermaine Oneal will be a #Laker as soon as he gets released from the #Hornets.

MikedupRadiocom Mike GabrielThe #Lakers have another assetcoming with CP3, but I can't tell you who it is. But the deal is done.

You would post this right as I was going to bed. Curse you and your activity! (no, not really...it's been great)

But..OH MY. :yess:

WTF...everyone has just stopped talking on my Twitter. Who are you following??? :lol:

Same. Haven't seen this posted anywhere else which makes it seem a little less credible. I feel like Woj or Stein would've jumped all over this.