Woj: Lakers close to sending Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom for Chris Paul

Dash

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Source confirms framework of revamped trade agreement sending CP3 to Lakers has been reached, pending approval of the commissioner.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

The key changes, as @WojYahooNBA reports, involve the Lakers and Hornets, source says. Rockets' role "virtually unchanged."

BimaThug BimaThug

@clutchfans With Nene seemingly priced out of Rockets' range, the delay caused by league's veto may actually have directly cost them Chuck.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Rockets would still get Pau Gasol and send Scola and Martin to Hornets, source says.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Unclear how league directive that New Orleans get younger, with more valuable draft picks, would be satisfied.

How do you guys think LA builds depth now? Thats going to be tough to do I'd assume especially with Okafor's contract.

his contract doesnt mean anyting, we're over the cap anyways.

my guess is we still have some more trades to make. that or we pick up some free agents for cheap.

anyways, i put my trust in mitch/buss family after this ordeal. they will know what's good for the team.

• Owner

Sorry I thought it was confirmed but its not yet, there is speculation that he isn't in the package though.

I may be a little surprised, but then again...not really. The league bitched about getting back old players, and the Lakers saving money, so if we keep Lamar, we do what they want.

We may have dished out Gasol, Blake, Caracter, Ebanks and our pick.

Nvm Odom is indeed in the package.

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Most recent construction of CP3 trade, sources say, does indeed still send Odom to NOH. Hornets want him as much as Martin/Scola, even ...

Speculation that Odom wasn't in deal began with this tweet:

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Y! Sources: In revised deal submitted to NBA, Chris Paul, Pau Gasol, Kevin Martin, Scola still slated to change teams. tinyurl.com/chtr2k5

I guess Woj just forgot about him or something.

Edited by Dash