Help Me Understand

TheNotoriousBANG

The Lakers are giving up Gasol and Odom, a frontcourt that went to 3 finals in 4 years.

For

A 5'11 guy

what a rip off, if i was the GM i would ask for Gasol for CP3 straight up or atleast throw in Trevor Ariza

First off, you lakers fans should be thrilled. Stern is helping you. PG's like CP3 are a dime a dozen.

Size matters in the NBA, and the team that swept the lakers lost chandler and barea.

Now Odom and Gasol aren't going to want to play in a lakers uniform again.

Your left with

Fisher

Kobe

Artest

Caracter

Bynum

They could have easily, kept the same team and tried to win in a lock-out shortened season.

No mavs to worry about.

Now their going to have to play a season with a mediocre team.

My main question is,

What are lakers going to do now that season is about to start and LO and PAU don't want to be here...

And why would you give up gasol and odom for just CP3?

Again anyone remember Trevor Ariza

Edited by TheNotoriousBANG

• Owner

LA included Odom in the trade because we were going to get back a sign-and-traded David West.

Plus, the initial trade for CP3 was Drew being sent to the Hornets, and we declined it for an obvious reason: we had Dwight Howard locked up, as long as we worked out a deal getting CP3.

So, with both trades set, we'd end up with Howard, West, Artest, Kobe and CP3.

• Owner

So potential

CP3

Kobe

Hedo/Artest

West

Dwight

Personally lakers should propose to let NO keep West in exchange lakers keep Lamar

West is an all-star and they would agree..

I think they did, actually, and New Orleans declined. Another idea was that the Lakers get Scola, Odom goes to the Hornets...but I believe NOH didn't want any part of that, either, since Scola is one guy they've been wanting.

It was good to see my teammates today. I couldn't practice because of a strained right quad but I hope tomorrow I can do more drills.
No matter what ends up happening, I'll always be the person and the player that I am. Everything will work itself out. #AlwaysPositive

Pau Gasol twitter....

Wow what a class act.

Bring this guy in my team anyday.

if they do not land Dwight, Lakers will be sorry to let Gasol go. The man brought you 3 finals in 4 years. Wow.

If you don't get Dwight your trusting your entire frontcourt to Andrew Bynum, the rich man's version of Greg Oden.

What if he gets injured in play-off time.

If this team goes through and they don't get Dwight, this trade will single handidly change the balance of the league.

Lakers might not even be the best team in L.A. if this trade goes down.

LA included Odom in the trade because we were going to get back a sign-and-traded David West.

Is that really true? Granted I've had limited internet for the past two days so I've only read few reports.

What I understood was after the Paul trade, then go for Dwight, and then LA would use their TPE for Rony Turiaf, if they didn't use it to acquire Duhon or Richardson from Orl.