Raptors Sign Gary Forbes to Two Year Contract

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Gary Forbes is nearing a two-year contract with a team option for a third with Toronto, league sources tell Y!

Brilliant. The tank is going to be firing on all cylinders this season.

I don't know how much I like the contract being for two seasons, but oh well.

It looks like the Nuggets are going to match the contract (Forbes is an RFA, if you didn't know), according to Doug Smith:

There are those who fear the Denver Nuggets may indeed match the offer sheet to Gary Forbes, which will leave the HOTH down a player.

After Milwaukee matched Denver’s offer to Luc Mbah a Moute, the simple fact is the Nuggets, with three guys playing in China, may need bodies and Forbes certainly is one of those.

Masai didn’t return a text over the weekend to see what he was thinking – can’t blame him, he’s been busy – but it wouldn’t surprise some people here if he didn’t keep Forbes.

And what would these guys do?

Probably not much; they may wait with an open roster spot, the could revisit Pietrus when he gets another month or so of rehab done on his knee or Bryan may find some other young one-year guy to come in and be a body.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Also saw this, but I have no idea who he is or how credible he is:

Raul Barrigon: Nuggets are leaning toward matching the Raptors' offer for Gary Forbes, one source told HoopsHype. Could happen as early as today.

It was on the HoopsHype rumour page.

And, as usual, Doug Smith is wrong about another Raptors related story.

The Nuggets didn't match and Forbes is officially a Raptor.

I'm fairly sure that the deal is for two years with a team option for the third.

I also heard that the Raptors offer was around 2-3X the amount of his qualifying offer from the Nuggets. If that is true, it would put the offer in the $2-3M range as the QO was just under $1M. If I had to guess, I'd say $2.5M.

Well, Colangelo has to at least make one stupid signing an offseason, so at least this one wasn't crippling. :lol: