Lakers Sign Gerald Green to Non-guaranteed Deal

The year was 2005. It was OTR's first NBA draft, and Laker fans were ecstatic because Gerald Green had fallen all the way to us at #10. We were so sure that we would select him, and then the moment of truth came...the Lakers selected Andrew Bynum. Laker fans were furious, selecting an unknown high school kid over the proven Green.

The year is 2011. Most people can barely remember Green, while Bynum is in the midst of trade rumors for superstars. Funny how things turn out. :lol:

• Like 1

• Owner

The year was 2005. It was OTR's first NBA draft, and Laker fans were ecstatic because Gerald Green had fallen all the way to us at #10. We were so sure that we would select him, and then the moment of truth came...the Lakers selected Andrew Bynum. Laker fans were furious, selecting an unknown high school kid over the proven Green.

The year is 2011. Most people can barely remember Green, while Bynum is in the midst of trade rumors for superstars. Funny how things turn out. :lol:

Haaaaa...yes. I was all for Gerald Green. HOWEVER, I wanted Granger first (honestly, it was because he was from New Mex, and I thought he was the next Ron), then James White, THEN Gerald Green.

none of us can beat Green 1 on 1

against him i'd take my chances, i got a lil game

but back on topic, he has the athleticim and all the tools to be a star

maybe guidance from kobe can help

this is kobe's chance to show if he can make his teammates better like michael

green has all the tools to be pippen lets see what kobe does with em

• Owner

against him i'd take my chances, i got a lil game

but back on topic, he has the athleticim and all the tools to be a star

maybe guidance from kobe can help

this is kobe's chance to show if he can make his teammates better like michael

green has all the tools to be pippen lets see what kobe does with em

Green isn't going to make the team, unless something happens with Walton or Fisher. Not enough roster spaces.

Kobe, Gasol, Drew, Artest, Morris, Ebanks, McRoberts, Murphy, Kapono, Goudelock, Blake, Walton, Fisher, Barnes, Caracter...that's 15.