New Jersey now focusing more on landing Nene then trading for Dwight?

magicbalala245

In other news,

Chris Broussard @@Chris_Broussard

I would LOVE to have Crawford in NJ. One of my favorite players.

I say we avoid him. Our backcourt should basically be considered set, and although Crawford and D-Will seem to like the idea of being teammates, Deron specifically said that he sees Brooks as a Crawford-type player. Not worth giving big dollars to someone as old as Crawford when we have younger guys in MarShon and Ammo, both of whom have cheaper contracts.

I say we avoid him. Our backcourt should basically be considered set, and although Crawford and D-Will seem to like the idea of being teammates, Deron specifically said that he sees Brooks as a Crawford-type player. Not worth giving big dollars to someone as old as Crawford when we have younger guys in MarShon and Ammo, both of whom have cheaper contracts.

I don't know man. We NEED to win NOW if we want to keep D.Will in NJ. The more experienced weapons we have the better. If we don't make the playoffs this year.... we'll probably suck for another decade. Plus at this point money isn't much of an issue. We will be $33 million below the luxury tax and with the richest owner in all of sports the money shouldn't matter at all. I'm not saying we should sign Crawford to a long term deal but at this point he can still ball.

I don't know man. We NEED to win NOW if we want to keep D.Will in NJ. The more experienced weapons we have the better. If we don't make the playoffs this year.... we'll probably suck for another decade. Plus at this point money isn't much of an issue. We will be $33 million below the luxury tax and with the richest owner in all of sports the money shouldn't matter at all. I'm not saying we should sign Crawford to a long term deal but at this point he can still ball.

He most certainly can make a difference, but our focus has to remain on the frontcourt. We have gaping holes at both the 3 and the 4. If Nene is this close to signing with us, then hopefully it's just a matter of us finalizing a deal with him or chasing down Dwight. After that, we have to focus on bringing someone in to play SF. That would probably be a choice between RJ and Kirilenko.

He most certainly can make a difference, but our focus has to remain on the frontcourt. We have gaping holes at both the 3 and the 4. If Nene is this close to signing with us, then hopefully it's just a matter of us finalizing a deal with him or chasing down Dwight. After that, we have to focus on bringing someone in to play SF. That would probably be a choice between RJ and Kirilenko.

The only problem I have with our 2 spot is that Ammo can't create his own shot. Brooks looks promising but he's a risk considering we haven't actually seen him play in the NBA. We need someone who can take some of the pressure off of D.Will. Our offense looked terrible last year. The only play we ran was the high pick and roll with Williams and Lopez. With someone who can create his own shot it would really spread our offense out. Plus I really like James at our 3. He is a great defender and has proven he can finish at the rim. I'd much rather have James starting at our 3 than Ammo at 2.

The only problem I have with our 2 spot is that Ammo can't create his own shot. Brooks looks promising but he's a risk considering we haven't actually seen him play in the NBA. We need someone who can take some of the pressure off of D.Will. Our offense looked terrible last year. The only play we ran was the high pick and roll with Williams and Lopez. With someone who can create his own shot it would really spread our offense out. Plus I really like James at our 3. He is a great defender and has proven he can finish at the rim. I'd much rather have James starting at our 3 than Ammo at 2.

Brooks should definitely be starting at the 2 over Ammo. I see a lot of potential with him and Deron in the backcourt. Ammo, as of right now, can't create his own shot, but if Avery would just create plays in which the team sets him up for open shots rather than just handing the ball to him, he could be even better.

James is great, but he himself is an uncertainty as to whether he is truly a starting 3. When you have fairly convenient options with RJ and AK47 on the market, I think we should go after them. They'd be cheaper role-fillers (especially RJ) than Crawford would be at SG.

There were Lopez for Josh Smith rumors up in the air several months ago, but I've read that the Nets would only give up Lopez for Howard.

If you sign Nene and Crawford..a Brook for Smith flip would be ridiculous and would make the Nets a contender IMO. Assuming you can pull that off with the cap space you guys have.