Warriors Will Sign Jordan to $40M Offer Sheet

The Warriors are poised to sign center DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet worth approximately $40 million over four years, according to multiple sources. The offer is expected to come Sunday.

Jordan, 23, has played the past three seasons for the Los Angeles Clippers and last year averaged 7.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 25.6 minutes per game.

The Clippers will have three days to decide whether or not to match the offer for Jordan, a restricted free agent, or allow him to go to the Warriors.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Warriors-to-sign-Jordan-to-four-year-40-?blockID=609864&feedID=5882

I figured somebody would throw out at least $10M after seeing the Clippers offer him $8M. My opinion on Jordan being offered these large contracts has been posted on here more than once, so I won't repeat myself.

Once Chandler went to NYK, you just knew that Golden State was going to be offering him a large contract.

Will the Clippers match? I would assume so, but you never know with Sterling.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Hopefully, the Clippers don't match but I feel like they will. This signing can either be amazing for us or a bust, like every other signing of big men we've had the past couple of seasons. Maybe this can help us sign another player and possibly attract more solid players.

Ellis, Curry, Lee, and Jordan would be a very fun group to watch together. I hope the warriors can grab him.

I personally think if i was Jordan I wouldn't leave even if i was paid a bit more by someone else, Clipps are a very solid team with Bledsoe, Gordan, Butler, and Griffin.

Signing that offer sheet was so dumb. We all know the Clippers will match this offer, Golden State knew it too. This is just Deandre Jordan being incredibly greedy. Clippers offered him 5 years, 40 million dollars, which is more than he deserves, and he has the audacity to go out and sign an offer sheet for 2 million dollars a year more with the Warriors?! Given that Deandre knows the Clippers were going to match any offer sheet he signed, he should have done what was in the Clippers' best interests. I mean why the hell would a player limit his team's flexibility if he wants to win? The obvious answer is that either Deandre cared more about the money than winning, or he was too selfish to realize the implications of signing an offer sheet. Furthermore, this will now make it harder for the Clippers to deal Jordan if they choose to involve him in a trade for a guy like Chris Paul or Dwight Howard.

Jordan should have shown gratitude toward the Clippers for taking a chance on him when 29 other teams passed on him in the draft a few years ago and then giving him all of the opportunities to make it in this league, but instead Deandre decided that he did not owe them anything. His action shows that he does not put the team before himself, but rather values money over team success. Fact is, 8 million dollars a year is plenty to live on, is more than Deandre Jordan deserves, is the amount for Deandre that is in the Clippers' best interests, and as it is a forgone conclusion that he will just end up with LAC no matter what, it is the amount that is in Deandre Jordan's best interests.