Lakers not giving up on Chris Paul

If the Lakers "expect" to keep Bryant, Gasol and Bynum, they better not "expect" to make any big trades.

Or saying this so they can avoid another LO situation where he had to be traded because he felt he was disrespected by the organization.

Or saying this so they can avoid another LO situation where he had to be traded because he felt he was disrespected by the organization.

Odom just acted like a gigantic baby.

Considering Pau has already been "traded" and isn't demanding out, crying to the media or anything like that, I don't think you have to worry about him.

Bynum went through all of the trade rumours 2 seasons ago, whether it was for Bosh or whoever as well, and he didn't put and cry, either. In fact, correct me if I am wrong, he played better after all of the trade rumours came out. I wouldn't be worried about him pouting and demanding a trade, either.

As for Kobe, well, he isn't leaving.

These three are much more professional than Odom is and realize that this is a business and shit happens. Odom didn't "have" to be traded. If he would've just sucked it up and acted like a professional, he would still be in LA and this whole thing would've been forgotten in 2 months. Instead, he acted like a baby and pouted his way all the way to Dallas.

• Owner

LA can bring in someone else, with the $8.9 million TPE they have, or the TPE that will soon expire from the Vujacic trade. Landry is still out there, among others.

May not be a big move, but it would be a decent replacement for Lamar.

Billups is also a possibility, with the Vujacic exception.

I wonder how much the Jazz would ask for Paul Millsap.

I just don't see them trading him, they held onto guys like Kirleinko and Boozer, this situation probably isn't any different. He's on a great contract and is probably the Jazz's best player right now despite the possibility of him not starting. I have a hard time seeing them trade him strictly for saving money.

As for this CP3 to LA rumors, Mitch needs to understand that he has to give up Bynum in order to get his guy, and that it is almost impossible for him to get both Paul and Howard.

LA can bring in someone else, with the $8.9 million TPE they have, or the TPE that will soon expire from the Vujacic trade. Landry is still out there, among others.

May not be a big move, but it would be a decent replacement for Lamar.

Billups is also a possibility, with the Vujacic exception.

Can't use a TPE to sign a FA.

But I like the idea of Landry for the mini-MLE if he's willing to take it. Guy is a Laker killer, might as well have him on the squad so he doesn't always abuse us.

LA desperately need size right now. It's Bynum and Gasol and nothing else except Derrick Caracter who is closer to playing in the D-League than in LA's rotation.

• Owner

Can't use a TPE to sign a FA.

From my understanding, the Hornets can work a sign-and-trade with Landry for our TPE.

That's assuming the Hornets even care about extra cash, anyway. They don't seem to care about youth, money, veteran play, or anything.

From my understanding, the Hornets can work a sign-and-trade with Landry for our TPE.

That's assuming the Hornets even care about extra cash, anyway. They don't seem to care about youth, money, veteran play, or anything.

Yeah that's possible. Assuming Stern even allows for an LA-NO trade. Although I wouldn't want to give that rat bastard anything if I'm Buss. No pick, no cash, no nothing.

I'm hoping LA gets something done. I think the team as constructed (pre-Odom trade) could compete if they filled a few holes. Now, not so sure. Getting Paul or Howard was great even if they gave up their entire front line...better to deal them a year too early than a year too late. Mitch has 13 days to fill out the roster. Hope he waives his magic wand and pulls something off.

• Owner

Yeah that's possible. Assuming Stern even allows for an LA-NO trade. Although I wouldn't want to give that rat bastard anything if I'm Buss. No pick, no cash, no nothing.

I'm hoping LA gets something done. I think the team as constructed (pre-Odom trade) could compete if they filled a few holes. Now, not so sure. Getting Paul or Howard was great even if they gave up their entire front line...better to deal them a year too early than a year too late. Mitch has 13 days to fill out the roster. Hope he waives his magic wand and pulls something off.

I may be on the other side of the fence. I want the Hornets to get something. Quite frankly, why not have them pick up a halfway decent player? I want them to win about 40 games.

Reason? It's for the same reason I'll be rooting for the Wolves this season (because I'm assuming the Hornets will end up with that pick, somehow). I want to see a mediocre team...not a great one, not a terrible one, that has two mid-first rounders to their name, no CP3, and I want to see the Hornets fans pissed.

Stern wants one of two things: to sell the team with CP3 still around, OR to sell the team with two of the top 10 draft picks on it (Davis and Lamb, for example). If he ends up missing out on both, he looks like a complete fool, and he'll be considered a failure.

Now, maybe the TPE won't do much for him...not sure if the Hornets would use it the proper way, but who knows. Assuming we can get better, though...I could care less what happens over there. Landry is worth more to us than that TPE is to the Hornets, especially when few GM's will want to negotiate with Stern...so as long as we aren't giving him Gasol or Drew, I'm fine with it.