Clips Working on Gordon Extension

PLAYA VISTA, Calif. -- Los Angeles Clippers general manager Neil Olshey has maintained since the lockout unofficially ended last month that he had three primary pieces of business to take care of this offseason.

First on that list was matching DeAndre Jordan's sure-to-come offer sheet as a restricted free agent, which the Clippers officially did Monday night when they equaled Golden State's four-year, $43-million deal. Second was upgrading the small forward spot, which they did last week when they signed Caron Butler to a three-year, $24-million deal.

Now comes the third part: negotiating a contract extension with guard Eric Gordon and agent Rob Pelinka. The fourth-year player is eligible to sign a rookie-scale extension any time between now and Jan. 25. If no deal is reached by then, Gordon will become a restricted free agent next summer and the Clippers would likely have to match a substantial offer from another team to retain him.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7350028/los-angeles-clippers-setting-sights-extension-eric-gordon

Great to hear Eric speak up! DO NOT TRADE THIS DUDE!!!!! OR I'M GOING TO GO APESH**. Lately he's being more honest and straight up about wanting to be here like we have always wanted him to do.

"I've always looked forward to being on this team," Gordon said Tuesday. "We have a great team.

"I wouldn't leave here at all. I wouldn't think about it."

Plus: http://nationalpost.stats.com/nba/story.asp?i=20111213171159551167008

Eric Gordon says it in here. Blake Griffin chimes in on CP3. Butler chimes in on team a little bit.