Official Tank You David Stern Thread

Art

http://i40.tinypic.com/spjb14.png

Hate or not

Viewing the Chris Paul trade constructively and rationally I think the right moves were made ten-fold. A superstar can make or break a team, so for that reason equal value or more should be expected in return because players of that caliber can compensate for the teams loss with there skills.

On paper N.O.H may seem to have the upper hand in this trade but that's just how valuable a player like Paul is.

This was possibly a rhetorical rant i'm just pleased and satisfied that our team go the best deal out there.

Edited by Art

So it was okay to [expletive] over the Rockets so the Hornets could get a better deal? Yeah real nice Stern. :rolleyes:

Don't forget he not only [expletive]ed over the Lakers but he dealt him to our little brothers in LA. [expletive] DAVID STERN

Smh at this topic. Thanks David Stern for letting Demps agree on a trade then back out last minute and let everyone know they were supposed to be traded? He basically said I dont want to trade Paul to the Lakers I would rather help the Clippers out.

Its collusion, plain and simple.

So it was okay to [expletive] over the Rockets so the Hornets could get a better deal? Yeah real nice Stern. :rolleyes:

First you're ready to kill Morey when the deal is going down, now you were saved from it and now your complaining you got [expletive]ed? ....

right...

First you're ready to kill Morey when the deal is going down, now you were saved from it and now your complaining you got [expletive]ed? ....

right...

I have to admit I was pretty bipolar throughout the entire thing but after the first deal I got to thinking that it was actually a great deal for Houston, Pau is a top 15 player and those aren't exactly easy to come by and if we signed Nene then we'd probably have the best frontcourt in the league. I was still skeptical but Morey definitely had a plan in place and can always get guys like Martin/Scola, I mean he did turn Carl Landry and Jackie Butler into both of those guys.

Spelled "tank" instead of "thank" in the topic...and, ironically, that makes sense if you're talking Hornets basketball this season. :lol:

I just noticed that I'll leave that for the people that are salty over the whole ordeal.

Also mr smarty pants Brandon O neal. If the Hornets do indeed tank this season we should fair well in the draft with Minny's pick. :)

• Owner

I just noticed that I'll leave that for the people that are salty over the whole ordeal.

Also mr smarty pants Brandon O neal. If the Hornets do indeed tank this season we should fair well in the draft with Minny's pick. :)

You mean you'll fare well with two good picks? If you tank, you'll have a great pick of your own.

Assuming the Hornets do tank, and the Wolves play like trash, New Orleans will definitely have an advantage...and it wouldn't surprise me if they won the lottery, lol.

But, yeah...I'm not denying the trade was bad for the Hornets, or that the Clippers were ripped off (I think it was great for both sides). I'm stating that the Lakers/Rockets/Hornets trade was cut down for a different reason, and because of the way it was vetoed, it led to Odom asking for a trade.

I doubt anyone is salty about this particular trade itself (if they are, they just hate the Hornets or Clips, period). I don't want to see the Clippers in the playoffs, but that's going to happen someday, regardless.

• Like 1

I have to admit I was pretty bipolar throughout the entire thing but after the first deal I got to thinking that it was actually a great deal for Houston, Pau is a top 15 player and those aren't exactly easy to come by and if we signed Nene then we'd probably have the best frontcourt in the league. I was still skeptical but Morey definitely had a plan in place and can always get guys like Martin/Scola, I mean he did turn Carl Landry and Jackie Butler into both of those guys.

This isn't 2008.