Preseason: LA Lakers at LA Clippers

Chris Paul’s debut with the Los Angeles Clippers was the most-watched preseason game in NBA TV history.

The Clippers’ 114-95 victory over the Lakers on Monday night drew 509,000 viewers, a network spokesman said Tuesday. The previous record of 501,000 viewers came in another celebrated debut, when the Miami Heat beat Detroit on Oct. 10, 2010, in their first game with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

Paul finished with 17 points, nine assists and seven rebounds Monday night.

Paul was traded from the New Orleans Hornets to the Clippers last week, joining All-Star forward Blake Griffin as the foundation of one of the league’s most exciting teams.

Wonder if tonight's game will beat that..?

If Troy Murphy really is a rotational player for the Lakers, they are in a lot of trouble. This team has no quality depth outside of McRoberts. Someone really has to breakout before I consider them a threat to the upper echelon of teams.

Kobe-Gasol-Bynum and small contributions from role players should be enough to contend. But I do agree with you. Blake looked really good, Goudelock shows promise. But outside of 3 players there really isnt any threat on our roster.

The Clippers on the other hand are stacked. Paul (best PG), Griffin (arguably best PF), and all stars like Butler, Billups, Mo, and other solid players like Foye and Bledsoe. Then Jordan who will probably be a great player this year.

Come to think of it, how they manage to get 4 point guards better then any of our guards not named Kobe is absurd. Lakers need a new front office and im serious this time!

Man.... can't wait to watch clippers not play Lakers this season. I hope they never get matched up in the playoffs. They're goin to be real good this season. Hopefully the Clipper curse doesn't affect the group.

Also.....hopefully Lakers can pick up during the season. The team is looking grim. Rookies are looking decent.

Other than that, I still say Mike Smith is the most annoying announcer. Worse than the Cav announcers when Lebron was still there.

ALSO!!! wtf Artest! He better not get any minutes this season.

Edited by Lemon