Indiana at Toronto

Real Deal

The last two meetings between these two teams had interesting endings.

There was also this magnificent quote from Danny Granger:

Lets see if Granger talks a big game when he has a 6th degree kick boxing black belt in James Johnson on him.

What I wouldn't give to see Granger try and start shit with Barbosa only to have Johnson walk up to him and see Granger tuck tail and shut up.

Talk about playing to the crowd.

Out of all the players that they can get to speak to the crowd, the get Jamaal Magloire of all people. Not DeRozan, Bargnani, Davis or Johnson, but Magloire. :lol:

And they use Drake as the music for the introductory video.

On a more serious note, you could tell that this meant a lot to Magloire. He could barely get the words out and his voice was really cracking up towards the end of his speech.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Putting Amir on Hibbert is a disaster waiting to happen.

He is a solid defender, but he is giving up about 4 inches and probably around 30 pounds. If the Pacers were smart, they would go right at that matchup as not only will it establish an inside presnece but it will more than likely force Amir to sit with early foul trouble, especially considering his propensity to foul.

EDIT: Good job of Casey to switch Bargs onto Hibbert and an even better job of Bargs to use his quickness to draw the charge on him.

• Owner

Wow, this game came out of nowhere. Had no idea it was on that early.

Yeah, I agree with putting Bargs on Hibbert. Amir would get destroyed. Hibbert may tear up Bargnani also, but you're better off going with the guy that can actually contest his shots and use his weight to keep him away from the rim a little.

Raptors offense is so terrible without Bargnani on the floor.

Defenses don't respect the jumper of anybody else on the team so the spacing is absolutely horrific when he isn't on the floor.

It also doesn't help that they don't have anybody else on the roster who is even remotely capable of creating their own shot. DeRozan hasn't shown any signs thus far that he is capable of taking on that role. I realize it is only the 2nd regular season game and all, so I'm not counting him out by any means, but his two preseason games and the start of this season haven't really shown much of an improvement when it comes to creating off of the dribble.

Some credit does have to go to the Pacers defense, though. They play very well positionally and make sure to contest everything.

On another note, Paul George is going to be a stud. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up being better than Granger by the end of the season.

Awesome, BIeber sighting. The Knicks have Spike, the Lakers have Jack and the Raptors got Biebs. We win. :lol:

Nice job of Bayless pushing the ball.

They were playing at way too slow of a pace when Calderon was in the game. They are not nearly good enough to play in a half court game and really need to get out on the break in order to play to their potential. Glad to see Bayless pushing the ball at every opportunity since coming into the game.

I alo like what I've seen from Magloire so far. He is doing a nice job of using his size down low to create space, has been setting some solid screens and is talking on defense. He is starting to fade, though, as he clearly doesn't have the legs to play for more than 2-3 minute bursts at a time.

Of course once I type this, Magloire goes and airballs a free throw. :lol:

Magloire throws Hansbrough to the court and then falls on top of him for good measure.

Highlight of the game so far, right with his airball free throw. :lol:

Hansbrough is really chucking some elbows out there. This game is starting to get a bit chippy.

EDIT: How exactly is that a foul on Davis when Hansbrough is the one throwing the elbow? I like the physicallity, but it is kind of ridiculous how the refs are letting the Pacers play physically, but calling fouls on the Raptors whenever they try to. Call it both ways.

• Owner

I seriously want to watch this game, but League Pass mobile is so terrible, at least on my phone...keeps freezing, and I have to restart it. This sucks.

BFT will have 400 posts before the end of the game, lol.

The Pacers better watch out.

Pretty soon Magloire is going to come back in and throw Hansbrough to the ground and then jump off the rim frog splashing him Rob Van Damn style.

Then James Johnson will give Danny Granger some Sweet Chin Music.

The two of them look ready to blow at any minute now. I'm not even joking when I say that it wouldn't surprise me if some sort of mini brawl broke out in this game, esepcially if the refs continue to call it so one sided.

Looks like Calderon's great play the other night was a complete anomaly. He is back to being the complete scrub on both ends of the floor.

I don't understand why he continues to throw the ball to Bargnani at the throw point line when they are in transition. I could understand if he was spotting up or something, but throwing it to a 7 footer on the move in transition is just poor game management on his part.

DeRozan really needs to stop chucking up these off balance jumpers. He hasn't hit one of them yet tonight and has been struggling with his shot all season long. Get in the paint and stop settling.

The Raptors have been outplayed, don't get me wrong, but the reffing in this game has been completely slanted in Indy's direction. Some of the calls that they have gotten and gotten away with are ridiculous when you consider what has been called against Toronto.

Granger travels, they don't call it.

DeRozan literally misses him when trying to swipe at the ball, they call a foul.

DeRozan really heating up in the 4th, though, just like last night. 11 points for him in the quarter including him nailing a corner three just now.

Keep on feeding him the ball as Bargnani has gone cold after carrying the offensive load early in the game. If the Raptors have any chance of coming back in this game, they are going to have to have DeRozan continue his hot shooting and hope to get stops on the other end (and also hope the Pacers don't get bailed out with chincy calls).

Calderon is such a terrible point guard.

You have DeRozan lighting it up all quarter long and you also have Bargnani who has 20 points of his own. Who does he decide to pass to? Amir Johnson in traffic.

Luckily they got a stop on the other end of the floor and he made up for it with a layup to cut the lead to 3.

And West answers back with an 18 foot rainbow over Amir to extend the lead to 5 with 9 seconds left, likely icing the game in the process.

• Owner

Watched a bit of the game with the DVR (girlfriends are cool). It seemed as if Toronto was finishing their fourth overtime...aside from DeRozan, I didn't see much going on out there. Bargnani looked dead tired. Slow transitions. Most of what I was watching, Toronto looked like an older team...as in, Boston Celtics old.