New Jersey at Toronto

Real Deal

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the real Raptors finally showed up.

I was wondering how long it would be before this team came crashing back down to earth and judging from the brutal performance last night, it looks that that time came.

Deron really needs some help, though. He is a good player but he is not the type that is going to turn a bunch of scrubs into stars. He needs talented players around him and a solid system for him to be at his best. He will still put up his numbers (albeit inefficiently) but in order for him to have the biggest impact on the game as possible, he needs talent around him because then he is absolutely lethal.

I didn't watch the game last night because the Leafs were playing, and by the looks of it, it's a good thing I didn't watch. Ford, assuming you watched the game, what would you say went wrong with the offense last night?

Do you mean what went wrong in the Philly game or the Jersey game?

While there were a fair amount of similarities in both games, there were also a few obvious differences that were big reasons for the Raptors getting blown out in each.

Do you mean what went wrong in the Philly game or the Jersey game?

While there were a fair amount of similarities in both games, there were also a few obvious differences that were big reasons for the Raptors getting blown out in each.

Oops, sorry I thought this was the thread for the Sixers game. I watched the Nets game and it was pretty brutal.

Oops, sorry I thought this was the thread for the Sixers game. I watched the Nets game and it was pretty brutal.

No worries.

For future reference, the game threads are moved into the respective home teams' forums. Since the Philly game was played in Philly, it was moved into the Sixers forum.

I'll answer your question here, though.

In the Sixer game the biggest problem was turnovers and a lack of offensive execution. The Sixers thrive in the open court and are one of the most dangerous transitions teams because of their athleticism and versatility. Toronto did a poor job of executing offensively which resulted in a lot of turnovers, forced shots and things like that, which allowed the Sixers to immediately get on the counter attack and push the ball. In the 3rd quarter, they simply ran the Raptors out of the gym and went on a 30-8 run that blew the game wide open.

The Raptors defensive effort was poor and DeRozan was completely nulified by Iguodala's defense, which completely kills the Raptors considering their lack of offensive talent, but it was turnovers and a general poor offensive execution that resulted in the Sixers being able to get out in the open court where they picked the Raps apart.

No worries.

For future reference, the game threads are moved into the respective home teams' forums. Since the Philly game was played in Philly, it was moved into the Sixers forum.

I'll answer your question here, though.

In the Sixer game the biggest problem was turnovers and a lack of offensive execution. The Sixers thrive in the open court and are one of the most dangerous transitions teams because of their athleticism and versatility. Toronto did a poor job of executing offensively which resulted in a lot of turnovers, forced shots and things like that, which allowed the Sixers to immediately get on the counter attack and push the ball. In the 3rd quarter, they simply ran the Raptors out of the gym and went on a 30-8 run that blew the game wide open.

The Raptors defensive effort was poor and DeRozan was completely nulified by Iguodala's defense, which completely kills the Raptors considering their lack of offensive talent, but it was turnovers and a general poor offensive execution that resulted in the Sixers being able to get out in the open court where they picked the Raps apart.

Derozans consistency has been a problem so far in the season. I hope he can grow out ouf it soon, because when he plays bad, Barg needs to basically put the team on his back offensively, and that's something he can't really do. I'm also assuming Bargnani was getting out rebounded all game, which does not help.

Derozans consistency has been a problem so far in the season. I hope he can grow out ouf it soon, because when he plays bad, Barg needs to basically put the team on his back offensively, and that's something he can't really do. I'm also assuming Bargnani was getting out rebounded all game, which does not help.

Agreed on DeRozan.

Bargnani actually did a very solid job on the glass against the Sixers. He finished with 11 boards (I think 7 in the first half) and Spencer Hawes, who was averaging around 12 boards a game going into it, only grabbed 3 boards (granted, he only played 17 minutes) and Brand grabbed 6 in 25 minutes. Vuecivic did grab 10, but a lot came in the 4th.

The Raptors were only outrebounded by 3 (51-48), which isn't great, but a major improvement compared to what happened against the Nets. The perimeter players of the Sixers were more of a problem as Iguodala, Turner, Meeks and Holiday combined for 23 boards compared to DeRozan, J. Johnson, Calderon and Butler only grabbing 13.

Agreed on DeRozan.

Bargnani actually did a very solid job on the glass against the Sixers. He finished with 11 boards (I think 7 in the first half) and Spencer Hawes, who was averaging around 12 boards a game going into it, only grabbed 3 boards (granted, he only played 17 minutes) and Brand grabbed 6 in 25 minutes. Vuecivic did grab 10, but a lot came in the 4th.

The Raptors were only outrebounded by 3 (51-48), which isn't great, but a major improvement compared to what happened against the Nets. The perimeter players of the Sixers were more of a problem as Iguodala, Turner, Meeks and Holiday combined for 23 boards compared to DeRozan, J. Johnson, Calderon and Butler only grabbing 13.

Well it's good to hear that Bargnani had a solid night rebounds wise.