Atlanta at New Jersey

Real Deal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner
The Atlanta Hawks were upbeat after defeating one of the top teams in the league their last time out.

A matchup against the woeful New Jersey Nets doesn't seem likely to lower their spirits.

The visiting Hawks look for a ninth win in 11 games over the Nets as these teams meet for the third time in two weeks Monday night.

Atlanta (6-3) concluded a stretch of five games in six days - including its first back-to-back-to-back set of the season - with an impressive 109-94 victory over Chicago on Saturday. The Hawks started the game on a 12-1 tear, opened a 17-point lead into the second quarter and never looked back.

"A night like tonight shows what were capable of as a team," said Al Horford, who scored 14 points on 7-of-8 shooting. " ... I hope that this carries over into our next game and maybe we can start building off this. I think if we can bring that kind of energy, we'll be in good shape."

Atlanta shot a season-best 56.6 percent from the field Saturday and seemed to benefit from playing at a faster pace. The Hawks scored 27 fast-break points - they had scored 29 in their previous four games combined - and will surely look to continue their up-tempo style of play going forward.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120109/ATLNJN/gameinfo.html

Nets suck and so does this gamehttp://img.tapatalk.com/a6898ac5-9cc0-3101.jpg

I hope you stuck around until the end.

First quarter really threw us in a hole. Nice effort, though. Many more positives in today's game.

Deron's turnovers are probably one of the biggest issues at the moment.