Portland at New Orleans

• 4 weeks later...
NEW ORLEANS -- LaMarcus Aldridge asserted himself in a halftime huddle with his Portland Trail Blazers teammates, imploring them to snap out of their recent funk.

Then he took his own advice.

Aldridge scored 16 of his game-high 22 points in the second half, and Portland snapped a three-game skid with an 84-77 victory over the slumping New Orleans Hornets on Monday.

"That was a good wake-up call by him," Portland forward Nicolas Batum said of Aldridge. "He took over the game and that's why he's our go-to guy."

Batum added 19 points in a reserve role and Gerald Wallace scored 14 for Portland, which blew open a tie game early in the third quarter with a 17-2 run during which Aldridge made all five of his shots for 10 points.

"I just started trying to be more attack-minded, going to basket, more confident," Aldridge said. "I felt like I was kind of hesitant in the first half, kind of just out there, so I just wanted to be more aggressive going to the basket and try to make things happen."

Aldridge made just one of his first seven shots before finishing 10 of 17 to go with nine rebounds. Wesley Matthews added 10 points for Portland.

Jarrett Jack scored 21, while Emeka Okafor added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Hornets, who've lost four straight and 10 of 11.

The Hornets were plagued by poor perimeter shooting, going 0 of 9 from 3-point range, and turned the ball over 19 times.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120116_POR@NO