Minnesota at Utah

Real Deal

• 5 weeks later...
  • Owner
SALT LAKE CITY -- Utah fans were yelling "All Star, All Star" after Paul Millsap hit another basket in the fourth quarter.

The unassuming Millsap claims he didn't even hear the chants.

"I didn't even know people were chanting, you just brought it to my attention. I sure appreciate it, though," said Millsap, who scored 12 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter to power the Utah Jazz past the Minnesota Timberwolves 108-98 on Saturday night.

Matched up against Kevin Love, Millsap shot 6 of 7 in the final period on a variety of fallaway jumpers and shots at the rim to help the Jazz win for the ninth time in 11 games.

Millsap doesn't mind if he isn't mentioned with the best power players in the game.

"If people look past you, you can fly under the radar, you know?" Millsap said. "We're just trying to get better and trying to win games."

Ricky Rubio, who had 17 points and 11 assists, made a jumper with 5:01 to play to cut the Jazz lead to 100-96. But Minnesota ran out of gas one night after a dramatic win in Los Angeles against the Clippers.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120121_MIN@UTA