Charlotte at New Jersey

Real Deal

• 5 weeks later...

Deron and Brooks really went at the Bobcats smaller backcourt of Augustin and Walker in the first quarter.

The Cats had a more traditional lineup after the first as Augustin left the game with an injury and didn't return, but that still didn't stop Deron or Brooks from going right at Walker whenever they were matched up with the smaller guard. You could tell that a big part of the Nets gameplan was to exploit whoever Walker was guarding.

For the Cats, they really had no chance when Augustin left after about 8 minutes and never returned, which really is saying something about the talent level of this team as it was the Nets that they were playing, a team hardly stocked with talent. Walker got off to a great start hitting his first 3 or 4 shots but after that went cold and Henderson, even though he had 15 points, never really seemed to make much of an impact.

This was my first glimpse of Biyombo and, I have to say, he didn't look as bad as I thought. He is still very raw, but I didn't even think he would be able to play muchhis rookie season without fouling out but he did better than I thought. He had a couple of blocks and was active on defense, even if he was out of position a lot of the time. On offense, it was pretty funny seeing him get pissed off at his teammates when they wouldn't throw him the ball in the post. Maybe some needs to tell him that he has no offensive game outside of offensive rebounds and getting putbacks/dump off passes 2 feet from the hoop, which he did a nice job of converting last night.