Boston at Toronto

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

No Bayless tonight, not like it would make any difference if he played. Toronto are pretty much Boston's bitch.

On the bright side, after tonight the Raptors will either have sole possession of the 5th worst record in the league (currently tied with New Jersey) or will be tied for 4th worst (with Detroit) since Jersey and Detroit play each other.

Missed the first half so I'll have to watch it on league pass later.

Glad to see DeRozan with 13 points on 4/7 shooting and getting to the line 5 times.

Hopefully the Celtics can come back and get the win in the 2nd half, though. Normally I would put aside the my tanking thought process in a game against Boston but with Detroit and New Jersey playing each other as well as both Washington and Charlotte guaranteed to lose tonight against Miami and Chicago respectively, they really need to lose this game to remain within striking distance of a bottom 3 record.

So I'm not very encouraged by the Celtics making a comeback after watching the first half of the 3rd quarter. They look completely lethargic and disinterested in this game after last night's OT loss to the Lakers.

By no means am I saying this game is over, but it is not looking good for Boston right now, or Toronto's tank for that matter.

Calderon has had a really solid game. Not over-dribbling, being aggressive turning the corner, sticking shots and finding teammates in rythym for legit assists, not those phantom ones he got against the Bucks.

Kleiza getting into it with Rondo after Rondo was getting a little chippy/mouthy. I love this guy.

So far this season he has gotten in an altercation with Harrington, Rondo, Sanders and Cousins. Guy does not back down from anybody. It also doesn't hurt that he has been a really nice bench piece since recovering from microfracture surgery.

Lol, now Garnett trying to start shit for DeRozan and DeRozan just laughs in his face. Nice to see the Raptors not backing down from the Celtics mind games.

Well, I guess instead of ending the night tied for 4th worst like I had expected, the Raptors now have sole possession of 6th last.

Hopefully they blow one of their easier games of this 7 game homestand to make up for this win.

I'd be lying if I said I don't love seeing Toronto beat the Celtics, though.