New York at Toronto

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

I'm excited to watch linsanity for a full game to see how good he really is. Any Knicks fans here want to let me know how he's been defensively? Calderon is coming off a 30 point game, so we'll see if he can shut Jose down better then Derek Fischer did.

Lol, you know the Linsanity hype is out of control when he is able to get the Toronto Raptors on ESPN.

Well... ESPN2 and it is only for the 4th quarter. After all, they are still the Toronto Raptors. :lol:

Royce Webb

Jeremy Lin on ESPN tonite! Tune in to NBA Coast to Coast at 9 pm ET on ESPN2 for live Knicks-Raptors 4th quarter action.

I think there are more Lin fans at the ACC than Raptor ones and the Raptors pregame is more about Lin than the actual Raptors. :lol:

Also, looks like Bayless isn't playing like originally thought, so Lin will be able to light up Calderon.

No kidding. did you see the kid with the Carmelo shirt that he just made a 1 infront of it with tape and taped over the name Anthony and put lin? Talk about badwagoner.

What the hell has gotten into Calderon over the past 3 games?

I can't even remember the last time he has played this well for a single game, let alone 3.

He already has 12 points and has taken 7 shots. I like aggressive Jose, although I probably won't like him as much if he ends up winning the Raptors the game. :lol:

Raptors have 15 points off of 7 Knick turnovers so far. They are doing a great job of making the Knicks pay for their sloppy offensive execution.

Lin has also turned it over on 3 straight possessions, all of which led to Raptor baskets (a DeRozan layup, a Davis dunk and a DeRozan dunk). He also had a turnover in the 1st that led to a Calderon 3.

Make that 17 points off 8 Knick turnovers after Barbosa scores after another Lin turnover.

Knicks look really lethargic out there. Poor ball movement, sloppy execution, not getting back on defense and just being out worked by the Raptors. This lead could easily be 20 for the Raptors if Kleiza hits these open jumpers he keeps on missing.

As much as I loathe the Lin/Nash comparisions, even I have to admit that last player of Lin's looked eerily similar to Nash. Getting into the paint, keeps his dribble alive, draws a big on him, retreats back to the 3 point line and then dribbles into an in rythym 3 over the outstrecthed arm of the bigger defender.

Looked identical to what Nash does so often.

Well, at least vintage "pound the rock, completely stagnating the offense" Calderon showed up at the end of the half. It looked like Toronto was going to have a 20 point halftime lead but the Knicks cut it down to 11 after the Raptors offense completely stagnated due to Calderon's over dribbling.

If the Knicks come out energized in the 3rd and the Raptors offense continues to sputter, I can defintiely see them taking this game and saving the Raptors tank.