Sacramento at Detroit

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

The Kings had basically a 10 point lead throughout the first 3 quarters with Evans really focusing on facilitating and getting his teammates involved. I think all 9 of his assists came in the first 3 quarters.

In the 4th he started looking for his own shot much more frequently and the Kings saw their lead dwindle and, eventually, erased.

I'm not saying it was his fault or anything like that but it is interesting to see the Kings lead disappear after Evans started playing more selfishly.

Cousins absolutely had his way with Monroe tonight. I was really looking forward to that matchup (it was really the reason why I started watching but eventually continued as the game was pretty entertaining) but it was an absolute blowout in favour of Cousins. He had 26/15 while Monroe made just 1 shot all night. Very impressive showing from Cousins against a player who he is compared to quite often considering their draft positions.

Stuckey was running circles around the Kings defense. I lost count of how many times he leaked out for a layup or got the ball in transition and ran straight to the rim for a layup. I'd be willing to bet that out of his 12 made shots, around 8 or 9 of them were right inside the paint.

I also liked Brandon Knight's game tonight. His shooting wasn't anything to rave about (9-21) but he had 10 assists and 0 turnovers. He did a really nice job of pushing the ball in transition and getting his teammates easy looks. He also had some pretty impressive drives where he showed nice explosiveness, which I haven't seen from him before. It was definitely the best game I've seen from him so far.