Orlando at Miami

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

Why exactly did that surprise you, Flash?

That is literally all the Magic do. It is either throw it into Howard or jack up 3's. They've done it for, what, 5 years now? It is what makes this team able to beat anybody on any given night, but also makes them a perennial contender because of their inconsistency.

EDIT: I meant perennial pretender, not contender.

That is literally all the Magic do. It is either throw it into Howard or jack up 3's. They've done it for, what, 5 years now? It is what makes this team able to beat anybody on any given night, but also makes them a perennial contender because of their inconsistency.

Its just such an annoying style to watch. They don't even consider shooting inside the arc. Its really just a bullshit style IMO. If they don't go on that ridiculous 6/11 stretch this game is a beatdown before half time once again.

EDIT: I meant perennial pretender, not contender.

I disagree, I think lacking that go-to perimeter scorer in clutch time is what makes them a pretender. However, if Howard stays, the Magic are the one team I think the Heat should really fear in the East besides the Bulls. The Magic kill you in the two most efficient areas of the floor, and the two areas the Heat are weakest defensively...in the paint with a dominant center, and at the 3pt line. If Hedo can return to his 08-09 form where he was taking over games in the 4th quarter, the Magic are a really scary team for the Heat.

If Hedo can return to his 08-09 form where he was taking over games in the 4th quarter, the Magic are a really scary team for the Heat.

That is a big if..

Magic are in a terrible situation... you cannot live and die by the three in this league. You'd have to go all the way back to 1995 when the Rockets won with a similar formula, however, both teams are still very different.

They have no assets to make significant upgrades to their roster and their financial situation is among the worst in the league. This team has been a pretender in the East for 3 years now.

Magic are in a terrible situation... you cannot live and die by the three in this league. You'd have to go all the way back to 1995 when the Rockets won with a similar formula, however, both teams are still very different.

As I said before, the paint and 3pt line are the two most efficient areas on the floor, and the Magic are proficient in both areas. I was strictly talking about how they could be a really bad matchup for the Heat, because the Heat are actually one of the worst teams in the league at defending the 3 (because they focus on stopping all penetration towards the hoop), and they'd have a 6'6'' center or Bosh/Haslem defending Howard most of the series. I think the Bulls would make easy work of the Magic, but 3pt shooting teams like the Magic give the Heat a ton of problems.