Orlando at Washington

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
WASHINGTON -- Ryan Anderson has heard his coach's message loud and clear. JaVale McGee can't say the same.

Having been told by coach Stan Van Gundy to be more active when the other team misses a shot, Anderson grabbed a season-high 10 defensive rebounds Wednesday night, part of his 23-point, 15-rebound effort in the Orlando Magic's 102-95 victory against the lineup-shuffling Washington Wizards.

"Stan likes the way I get offensive rebounds and have that kind of energy on the offensive side," Anderson said. "I haven't been rebounding the ball defensively as well as I can. Tonight was a good opportunity for me to control that."

The Magic outrebounded the Wizards 48-36 and made 15 of 36 3-point attempts on a night when Dwight Howard was bottled up inside. Orlando blew a 17-point first-quarter lead and committed 18 turnovers, but seven players scored in double figures in a game not decided until the final few minutes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120229_ORL@WAS