Dallas at New Orleans

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
NEW ORLEANS -- Jarrett Jack blamed himself for the New Orleans Hornets' loss to Toronto on Wednesday, saying he failed to take over down the stretch.

He did not have to wait long to make a correction.

Jack scored six straight points in the final 1:09 and hit an 11-foot shot in traffic with 17.9 seconds left to secure the Hornets' 97-92 win against the slumping Dallas Mavericks on Friday night.

"We were up two and Coach [Monty Williams] called a timeout," he said. "I went up to him and told him I am ready and just give it to me. I don't know if he heard it, but I had the confidence in myself to knock down the shot."

Chris Kaman had 20 points and 13 rebounds for his fourth consecutive double-double for the Hornets, who dressed nine players.

Xavier Henry added a season-high 19 points off the bench, and Jack, who started for the first time in seven games, finished with 15 points and six assists.

Dirk Nowitzki added 19 points, but was only 7 of 19 from the floor and did not shoot a free throw as Dallas lost a season-high fourth in a row.

Rodrigue Beaubois had a season-high 25 points for Dallas, making 11 of 17 shots after starting for the first time in 13 games.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120302_DAL@NO