Portland at Indiana

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
INDIANAPOLIS -- The collective voice rang out suddenly and unexpectedly: "Louuuuuu!!"

A few minutes later, it happened again. For a while, every time Lou Amundson touched the ball in the fourth quarter, the Pacers' reserve heard that same encouragement from the crowd.

He delivered, scoring a career-high 21 points to help Indiana beat the Portland Trail Blazers 92-75 on Tuesday night

Amundson shot 10 for 11 from the field and grabbed eight rebounds. His previous season high in scoring was 11, but he had 13 points in the fourth quarter alone. It was just his second time scoring in double figures this season.

"Everybody was finding me under the basket wide open, so I was just trying to finish plays and make the most out of my opportunities," he said.

Pacers fans couldn't get enough. While Amundson was shooting free throws, "M-V-P" chants rang out from Area 55, home to the loudest, most rowdy group of Pacers fans. Amundson played 23 minutes, just the second time this season he's played more than 20.

Paul George, Danny Granger and George Hill each added 11 points for the Pacers. Hill returned after missing two games with a sprained left shoulder.

Indiana led by as many as 29 points and snapped a four-game losing streak. The performance was a good setup for Wednesday's game against Atlantic Division leader Philadelphia.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120313_POR@IND