Utah at Phoenix

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
PHOENIX -- Coming off a miserable performance, Marcin Gortat was ready to go from the start Wednesday night.

Gortat scored 25 points and Channing Frye had a game-high 26 to help the Phoenix Suns overcome a 13-point deficit and beat the Utah Jazz 120-111 on Wednesday night.

Gortat scored 13 of his points in the first half on 6-of-8 shooting two nights after finishing with eight points in 19 foul-riddled minutes against Minnesota.

"I definitely wanted to forget about that last game," said Gortat, who finished 10 of 12 with five rebounds. "I was trying to come out and be aggressive from the first whistle. I know my team needs that, so that was my first goal."

Gortat's first-half effort wasn't enough to keep the Suns from falling behind 46-33 with 6:03 left before halftime, continuing what has been a season-long trend.

Phoenix has won six of its past seven games at home and in each of those games, the Suns trailed by double digits before turning the tide.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120314_UTA@PHO