Heat Could Choose Beverley Over Iverson

The Goods

Allen Iverson has a hard time finding a job this off-season (unless, of course, he wants to move to Greece and make $10 million over two years for Olympiakos).

Iverson may have finally found his team, though. The Miami Heat supposedly gave him a call to see if he had any interest in moving to Florida. The man making the call was reportedly none other than Pat Riley, according to the Miami Herald.

Riley supposedly wanted the 10-time NBA All-Star and former league MVP that the Heat have "continued interest" in him.

You can be sure Iverson's half of the conversation included something to the effect of, "Show me the money, Pat."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Iverson-could-end-up-with-Miami-Heat;_ylt=AteTTG7oNGvBQ3SnR1x3Mj68vLYF?urn=nba,181481

Edited by The Goods

I don't understand this.

Why don't they go after a guy like Nate Robinson or David Lee....AI is not the type of guy the Heat could use.

AI should be going to teams with no offense. AI should not be going to a team with a top 3 player who always has the ball in his hands and rightfully so.

I don't understand this.

Why don't they go after a guy like Nate Robinson or David Lee....AI is not the type of guy the Heat could use.

AI should be going to teams with no offense. AI should not be going to a team with a top 3 player who always has the ball in his hands and rightfully so.

I am thinking the complete opposite, If Dwade were to get to another scorer that could give him a break on offense once in a while they could really be good.

I agree. If Wade wasn't a member of the Heat, then I'd be all for them getting AI. I'd rather see the Heat use their money on a player that fits better with their system.

Heat Could Choose Beverley Over Iverson

If the Heat decide to keep rookie Patrick Beverley, they could be forced to bypass free-agent options such as Allen Iverson.

Other free-agent guards that Miami has been linked to are Bobby Jackson, Brevin Knight, Ty Lue, Mike Wilks, Stephon Marbury and Jamaal Tinsley.

On draft night, the Heat sent $1.5 million and a 2011 second-round pick to the Lakers for the rights to Beverly.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61066/20090810/heat_could_choose_beverley_over_iverson/