Is Kyle Lowry a darkhorse to make the All-Star Game?

Dash

Throughout tonight's game Drexler kept bringing up his bold prediction that Lowry would be an All-Star this year despite the bigger names in front of him, and in the post-game interview Martin jokingly called Lowry his all-star point guard. At first I thought it was ludicrous but then I went back and looked at Lowry's first two games and his production and...he has a case if he keeps this up. Yes its only been two games so far but check out his stats:

VS Magic: 20 points (41% shooting), 7 rebounds, 12 assists in 36 minutes.

VS Spurs: 16 points (50% shooting and 2-4 from behind the arc), 9 rebounds, 8 assists in 27 minutes.

Lowry hardly played in the 4th quarter of tonight's game and if the game was any closer then there is no doubt in my mind that would have gotten his first triple-double this season. He has been stuffing the stat sheet though and if he can keep this up and Houston can grab hold of the 7th or 8th seed then I could see Lowry as a darkhorse for the All-Star Game. That said, I think its become quite clear that Lowry is now the leader of this team.

Thoughts?

When I first joined this forum I was one of the main ones saying that Kyle Lowry should be the starting PG for us when we had Brooks and that he has Jason Kidd type of potential. I even have a thread about it, I would post it on here but don't know how. Back to the point though, yes I can see him possibly being an all-star if he can consistantly put up the numbers he has the last 2 games. With Deron Williams and Carmelo Anthony on the East now that opens 2 spots. Westbrook and CP3 are the PG's for the West for sure so Lowry may have a chance to be that third PG but Steph Curry could make a case for it too. If he doesn't make it though I can definitely see him as an alternate.

When I first joined this forum I was one of the main ones saying that Kyle Lowry should be the starting PG for us when we had Brooks and that he has Jason Kidd type of potential. I even have a thread about it, I would post it on here but don't know how. Back to the point though, yes I can see him possibly being an all-star if he can consistantly put up the numbers he has the last 2 games. With Deron Williams and Carmelo Anthony on the East now that opens 2 spots. Westbrook and CP3 are the PG's for the West for sure so Lowry may have a chance to be that third PG but Steph Curry could make a case for it too. If he doesn't make it though I can definitely see him as an alternate.

I don't think Westbrook is a shoe-in for the All-Star game, he's had a few bad games and one good one but he an always turn it around. Agreed on Curry being ahead of Lowry as the third PG.

Statistically I think he will be a top 4 pg in the West, but making the all star team would really depend on how the team does in general if the team plays well and gets some attention then he will be an All Star.

Agreed. Like I said, if the Rockets are in the playoff picture then Lowry has an argument to make the ASG much like Aldridge did last year when his Blazers played above expectations. Granted he didn't make it either but you get the idea.

I don't think Westbrook is a shoe-in for the All-Star game, he's had a few bad games and one good one but he an always turn it around.

True, but do you honestly see Westbrook playing any worse than he has been lately? Regardless to how he's been shooting the guy is still a top 10 PG with an All-Star game so he should turn it around eventually. Plus he'll more than likely make it because off his name even if he doesn't put up the numbers he did last season.

True, but do you honestly see Westbrook playing any worse than he has been lately? Regardless to how he's been shooting the guy is still a top 10 PG with an All-Star game so he should turn it around eventually. Plus he'll more than likely make it because off his name even if he doesn't put up the numbers he did last season.

Never said he won't make it, most likely he will but not a guarantee if he doesn't get out of this slump.

lol. hold your horses rocket fans.

Whats wrong with anything said in this thread? If you ever bothered to watch Lowry play then its not hard to believe that he could be a top 4 point guard in the West this season.

Stat line for Lowry tonight against Memphis: 15 points (5-9 shooting), 3 rebounds, 8 assists and 4 steals in just 24 minutes.

Too bad he couldn't get us the win but Lowry once again was very impressive.

• Owner

Monta Ellis will be treated as a combo guard, and he'll more than likely make it before Lowry will, simply because he's a better player.

CP3 will start.

Westbrook is better, even though he's selfish.

Once you get your two PG's (CP3 and Westbrook), that's about it for Kyle. Guys like Monta, Eric Gordon, and Manu Ginobili will be listed as the reserves ahead of him.

No chance Lowry plays this good (18/8/10) for the entire season, even if he had the big minutes handed to him. He's not THIS good.

• 2 weeks later...